Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Shopping advice in NYC

improving

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 4:08 pm
Hi, I will be visiting NYC for the first time in 15 years .Will be touring and in different areas. Can you please advice best and not so expensive shops to buy clothes for the kids ( boys and girls from teen to toddlers), ideally tzniusdik, shabbostik, etc. Many thanks

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 5:07 pm
I'm not from NYC, but I had success at Basic Color (swim kleider for me and my girls) and the Junees warehouse 1850 MacDonald Ave (you cannot try anything, and you need to check each item you purchase) but the prices were incredible!

I'm looking forward to reading other Imas replies Smile

imamother153

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 5:34 pm
Welcome to New York!
Which area in NYC do you want to shop? What’s considered inexpensive to you. I’m just trying to help you get helpful responses.

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 6:25 pm
Which area of NY?

On a different quest I had imamother recommend various stores in Brooklyn to me, and of those I think Design Spot (?) on 13th Av between 38 & 39 st. could be a good fit for your needs. They had a nice range of tzniusdik, shabbosdik clothes for both boys and girls from toddler to probably younger teens, and on the distinctly lower end of the price range for the same market. If you have older teens you could wander a little farther up 13th Av for more mature clothes.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 7:13 pm
Yes, if you'll be in Boro Park, I can list a bunch of stores like seeker mentioned.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics