Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
What to do with the key from the Challah?

Goldie613

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 3:04 am
Does anyone know if you are supposed to do anything with the key from the "Key Challah"? A relative asked me this and I realized that I had no idea! I think I've generally just put them on the side somewhere and they eventually got thrown out, but is there something you are actually supposed to do with them, segulah-wise or otherwise?

Thanks!

Iymnok

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 3:10 am
It’s a segula for parnasa, you’re supposed to use the key to something important. Like your house or office, someone used the key to their safe deposit box.
I return it to the keychain or other proper place.

oliveoil

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 3:24 am
Iymnok wrote:
It’s a segula for parnasa, you’re supposed to use the key to something important. Like your house or office, someone used the key to their safe deposit box.

This

Goldie613

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 3:38 am
Iymnok wrote:

I can see doing that if you bake the challah yourself, but in all honesty I usually just get them from the bakery, so they key(s) are just ones that came with the challah, not ones that I have any kind of connection to.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 4:43 am
Goldie613 wrote:
I can see doing that if you bake the challah yourself, but in all honesty I usually just get them from the bakery, so they key(s) are just ones that came with the challah, not ones that I have any kind of connection to.

Then it's kinda pointless.

heidi

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 5:11 am
It's kinda pointless regardless. I do it every year with our house key. Just took a2000 shekel pay cut.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 7:09 am
The segula is for you to bake the shlissel challah. This year I wasn't up to it , so I didn't. Buying a challah with a key shape or a key in it , defeats the point , I think.

giselle

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 8:03 am
heidi wrote:
It's kinda pointless regardless. I do it every year with our house key. Just took a2000 shekel pay cut.

That’s because it’s not a real thing. Or at least not Torah based.

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 8:10 am
heidi wrote:

Aww, I’m sorry! May you have a comfortable parnasa and be blessed with everything you need.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics