Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Changing Bed Linen- What do you find easier?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 10:03 am
Stripping , washing and putting the same set back on the bed?
Or stripping , washing and while linen is in the wash, put a new set on the bed, then dry fold and put away washed set?

maze

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 10:05 am
Putting the same set back is easier than folding and using a new set.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 10:05 am
For sure choice a is easier, that's what I would probably do if I didn't have help. I prefer alternating sheet sets in the master bedroom, so that's what my housekeeper does.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 10:08 am
Putting back on the bed straight from the dryer is easier for me.
When I had more help we switched sets each week and it was doable because she was able to fold the set from the dryer and put it away for me. The sets last longer that way but at the end of the day, if a set lasts 5 years when we switch off, and 2.5 years when we don't, it really is the same amount of time.

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 10:11 am
Of course putting back the same linen! I hate to fold linen Twisted Evil

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 12:31 pm
am I the only one that gets bored if linen so I switch off to have a change in scenery? I dont have cleaning help either.

pleaseandthankyou

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 12:38 pm
I switch off for master bedroom. For the kids I put the same one back.

Teomima

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 12:42 pm
I switch it, that way I don't have to go through the physical hassle of putting sheets on and off twice. I just put on the new ones right as I take the old ones off, then later when the old ones are washed and dry I fold and put those away (I don't iron them or anything like that so folding is quick).

yo'ma

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 7:29 am
I have a cleaning lady, so I usually wash all or most of them and she puts new ones on. Even if I didn't have a cleaning lady, I think I would put new ones on also, not from the dryer. When I do things, I like doing them right away and I don't like the look of just mattresses. My washing machine and dryer take around 3 hours altogether.

All my childrens linen sets except two have two of the same sets, so for them switching doesn't mean anything. For my room, I have two different sets and I feel the same as amother, I need a change of scenery. My kids counldn't care less and I doubt they care if they're ever changed either LOL Rolling Eyes .
amother wrote:
am I the only one that gets bored if linen so I switch off to have a change in scenery? I dont have cleaning help either.

salt

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 7:58 am
I take off the dirty sheets, dump them in the laundry hamper and put clean ones on right away.
I don't necessarily wash the old sheets immediately, and don't have a dryer, so they probably wouldn't be dry in time for bed time even if I didn't wash them immediately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics