Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Iso place within few hours away from NY with kosher restaura

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 6:37 pm
Looking for a place I can drive to within a few hours of NY. I am looking for a place that I could rent a villa(possibly with a pool even) and that has a few options for kosher restaurants.

elisheva25

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 6:43 pm
Maybe Long branch or Deal ?
It’s all same area
By the beach
Great in the summer
Deal has lots of kosher places

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 6:45 pm
It's too close to Lakewood and the jewish communities. I want to get away from people for a little. Anywhere further out? Going with kids too so it has to be kid friendly.

elisheva25

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 7:06 pm
Not sure
It’s feeezing now
The villa part isn’t a problem
You can find great homes on Homeaway... issue is food
What about sub urbs of Philly?

animeme

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 7:21 pm
It is hard to find a place out of the way of a frum community with a few kosher restaurants. How far are you willing to drive to get to the restaurants?

doctorima

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 7:59 pm
As animeme said, even small Jewish communities often can't even support a single kosher restaurant. Any place with multiple options is by definition going to have a significant Jewish population. Places near NY with multiple kosher options include Boston, Philly, and Baltimore. Waterbury has nothing and even Norfolk I believe only has one shwarma place, so you'll have to choose your priorities. I believe there's a kosher pizza place open twice a week near Scranton, so maybe you could go to the Poconos, and stock up there?

amother
Red

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 8:02 pm
Boston.
Check “home away” for house with pool rentals

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 9:38 pm
Isn’t it freezing for a pool now?

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 10:40 am
I am thinking about the summer. I want to look into what we would be doing now, so I can save up money for it

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 11:19 am
Got it. Houses with pools go fast and are often booked by now for summer, but sometimes you find a metziah. And without a pool is much easier.

Assuming you're not going for Shabbos, I actually still recommend the Long Branch/Deal area, but don't stay in Long Branch or Deal. Find a house in a surrounding town and drive in fifteen or twenty minutes for food and minyan. You can even order takeout and send one person to bring it back to the house. Brielle and Spring Lake are towns that come to mind.

Boston can work too depending on what you can find geographically. We have done the Cape Cod area, renting a house on a creek that was a ten minute drive from the Onset minyan. You can drive an hour into Boston on a day at the beginning, do something in the city, and do takeout from a few places and heat one meal up per night afterwards.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics