Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Phone plan for Israeli seminary girl

Kugglegirl

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 9:18 am
I am trying to buy a cell phone for my daughter & she will be in Israel for seminary next year.

What company & plan does anyone recommend?

I would rather have it on a plan from here in the US, unless it is normal for seminary girls to set something up when they get there.

I am only asking about phone service plans, not about permissibility of various phones.

Thanks.

rivkam

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 9:34 am
I'm not sure if you can really get anything in the U.S. which would be as cheap as the companies in Israel. Check out the plans with Golan. You can set it up on the internet with an international credit card. You can get unlimited calls within Israel as well as to any American number.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 1:17 pm
Most seminaries have a specific plan and their students are required to use it (it allows them to easily contact all students at once). You should check about this first.

essie14

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 2:02 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Most seminaries have a specific plan and their students are required to use it (it allows them to easily contact all students at once). You should check about this first.

^^ what she said.
You can buy an unlocked smart phone for her but the plan will most likely be determined by the seminary.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 3:21 pm
Check with the sem first. Some do not require a particular plan.

Our regular family phone plan in the US (T-Mobile) includes international calling at a competitive rate, so we did not get anything different or extra for sem. Some Israelis cannot or do not accept calls from non-Israeli numbers, but if your child is using a smart phone, note that WhatsApp is ubiquitous in Israel and Gett (cab-hailing app) works with US numbers, so actual phone-calling is extremely rare.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children