Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toilet Training Assistance

SesameSeeds

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 11:14 am
Another thread.... Sad
I have literally tried everything under the sun. My daughter is 3 1/2 and needs to go to school next year...
I think I have run out of options to try at home and I think I need assistance but I have no clue where to turn.

Her issue is mainly with doing #2 on toilet. She has a terrible fear/anxiety of it. Many times she will tell me that she want to go but then say that it doesnt come..

I think her main issue is that she holds herself back subconsciously when she has an urge to go.

This is going on for a year.

Anybody have any idea what type of person would be able to help me?

SesameSeeds

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 5:27 pm
Bump
I'm desperate!

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 5:37 pm
I had a kid with this issue. I was told to consult resources for special needs children, not because he had/has special needs but because the techniques target difficult situations. They are built for the factors that may be at play, including anxiety and sensory issues (which may also be at play).

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 5:37 pm
If it's anxiety-based, see a therapist. Preferably a play therapist who can work directly with your child.

SesameSeeds

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 6:13 pm
amother wrote:
I had a kid with this issue. I was told to consult resources for special needs children, not because he had/has special needs but because the techniques target difficult situations. They are built for the factors that may be at play, including anxiety and sensory issues (which may also be at play).

Like, what type of resource? Any recommendations?

SesameSeeds

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 6:16 pm
amother wrote:
If it's anxiety-based, see a therapist. Preferably a play therapist who can work directly with your child.

Thanks!

SesameSeeds

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 6:40 pm
Anybody has any recommendations for a good play therapist in the Monsey area?

smile18

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 7:53 pm
Gitty konigsburg has years of experience with the less then a day training method.

She guides your through till kid if fully trained and had great results with 3 of my kids. Was amazed of her work

Her phone # is 845-783-2170

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 7:56 pm
Btdt noemi amoyelle in lakewood is a pro at this! And I’ve tried everyone. Google cbt of Nj and maybe do phone appts. For starters I would recommend putting her on a daily dose of miralax to soften the poop so it’s easier for her to go.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 8:05 pm
Op, 3 1/2 is not old your daughter might just not be ready yet. For the meantime if she wants to be in diapers by all means let her don’t push it! It’s a fatal mistake to push her if she’s not ready. Forget about school she can go in pull-ups and Morah will change her.

SesameSeeds

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 8:40 pm
amother wrote:
Op, 3 1/2 is not old your daughter might just not be ready yet. For the meantime if she wants to be in diapers by all means let her don’t push it! It’s a fatal mistake to push her if she’s not ready. Forget about school she can go in pull-ups and Morah will change her.

True. I did put her on pampers but its a tantrum every morning since she hates it. She really wants to go to the toilet its just very frustrating for her.

SesameSeeds

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 8:45 pm
amother wrote:
Btdt noemi amoyelle in lakewood is a pro at this! And I’ve tried everyone. Google cbt of Nj and maybe do phone appts. For starters I would recommend putting her on a daily dose of miralax to soften the poop so it’s easier for her to go.

What is she? Therapist?

Bins

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 8:51 pm
Yes noemi is a therapist who specializes in toilet training. After going to numerous pediatricians and pediatric gastro and books..... there is surprisingly so little and such poor help out there. Noemi is unbelievable. I don’t know how this pm business works but if you do feel free to message me.

SesameSeeds

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 5:08 pm
Does anybody have Noemi's number?

amother
Green

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 5:44 pm
Have you tried gradually overcoming the fear?

Continue each step until it is done without anxiety:

Step 1: Make in diaper while standing in bathroom.
Step 2: Make in diaper while sitting on toilet.
Step 3: Cut hole in diaper, make in diaper while sitting on toilet - yay! It went in toilet!
Step 4: Make while sitting on toilet.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 8:17 pm
I had the same problem with my son.. somebody told me about a liquid suppository that softens the stool and makes it impossible to keep it in.. did it 2,3 times till he realized its not scary and was ready to do it himself.. dont remember what its called but maybe its worth looking into it. hatzlacha!!

SesameSeeds

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 10:15 pm
amother wrote:
Have you tried gradually overcoming the fear?

Continue each step until it is done without anxiety:

Step 1: Make in diaper while standing in bathroom.
Step 2: Make in diaper while sitting on toilet.
Step 3: Cut hole in diaper, make in diaper while sitting on toilet - yay! It went in toilet!
Step 4: Make while sitting on toilet.

I tried, She isn't cooperating.

SesameSeeds

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 10:16 pm
amother wrote:
I had the same problem with my son.. somebody told me about a liquid suppository that softens the stool and makes it impossible to keep it in.. did it 2,3 times till he realized its not scary and was ready to do it himself.. dont remember what its called but maybe its worth looking into it. hatzlacha!!

I tried that too. She went those few times but not when I stopped. I then got a yelling from my pediatrician for doing that...

amother
Green

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 11:03 pm
Not sure why peds are so against these things.

An enema is an alternative to suppositories, equally (or more) effective, and likely safer than long-term miralax.

I dealt with encopresis for one of my kids, and that was the expert opinion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training