Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Bra size help (gained weight :( )

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 10:12 pm
I desperately need a new bra. I've had a steady favorite for years now, it was recommended by one of the fitting pros and I just kept reordering the same one every couple of years as they got stretched out. In case you're interested, it's this https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1 Good match of comfort and shape for me.

This time I reordered and it's unquestionably too small Sad I know I gained weight over the last few months and I'm trying to work on it but it's not going great, my old bras were stretched out so it wasn't so noticeable. I gained somewhere between 5-10 lb, hard to tell because it hasn't been steady and my scale stopped working (gives a totally different number each time, I should just toss it and buy a new one.)

So I ordered a few different sizes to try.
Up a number, same letter - much better, but I'm on the second of the 3 sets of hooks so I'm worried that it will stretch out too quickly.
Up a letter, same number - cup size is EXACTLY the same as the other one, I measured against each other. Feels uncomfortably tight around the ribs but I know they stretch - will my girth make it stretch too hard though?

Both feel a little roomy in the cup even after I tightened the strap, not sure if that's just because I'm used to being squished in the wrong size or if it means I need to go back to the fitting place and possibly try starting from scratch to find something comfortable for me (I'm moderately picky in that area.) I hate going to the bra fitting places...

Any advice?

losingweight

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 10:25 pm
Even though you hate it, going to get fit is probably your best option.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 11:11 pm
If your old bras are stretched out then they're not helpful with sizing. Watch this video, then measure. You can describe how to DH what do do if you need help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoqXCnYOwCI

But you'll still need to try a few different styles to see what works, because everyone's breasts are shaped differently, and so are bras! I have a hard time finding ones that feel comfortable, and what usually is the problem is the size and shape of the gore (the part of the band between the breasts where the underwires meet). Strap position can also make a big difference. When you gain or lose weight the shape of your body can change so just changing the cup and/or band size on what you usually wear might not result in a good fit.

Definitely try on bras in person instead of ordering them to save time. You don't need to have a bra fitter. You can just go to any department store, grab a bunch of bras, and try em on!

Iymnok

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 2:43 am
I’ve found that I could go between a 34 and 36, but never more even when I gain a lot and am nursing. But my cup size can vary between C and DDD.
If the band is too big, the wire will poke your armpits. You want to be nicely centered, not pushed to the sides.
Many larger sizes just flatten you out. I feel that my whole body looks better with a little perkiness. Even though it may look Madonna-esque alone, under a shirt it can look quite flattering.
I an generally happy with Bali.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics