Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help! I am binge eating AGAIN
Previous  1  2

lavenderchimes

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 9:42 pm
I know two people in OA, and it changed their life. One is still on the grey sheet 7 years later, and the other has developed her own strict food and exercise plan. Both also had therapy. Both of my Rebitzens (Yeshivish and Lubavitch) told me that it is NOT a problem to go to this type of meeting in a church basement -- because it's in the basement, and it's for good reason. Therapy is one hour a week -- you can do it! Hatzlacha Heart

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 5:47 am
thanks again , how could u thionk of me? im not op Smile

have an amazing cholhamoed!!!

amother wrote:
Was just thinking about you actually ! So happy to hear.
Its recommended to go to at least 6 meetings to help you decide if the program is for you. Good luck!!

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 9:46 am
amother wrote:
thanks again , how could u thionk of me? im not op Smile

have an amazing cholhamoed!!!

🙈🙈 thought you were! Cuz original OP PM’d me....
Whatever....
Either way. Im happy for you Wink

cookiewriter

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 7:15 am
Hi. I’m 33 years old and I binged for about 20 years. I read every book- intuitive eating, the geneen Roth books, brain over binge, Christopher fairburn book, etc. nothing helped. I worked with several therapists. Nada. Then my dr put me on high dose Prozac. (150 )
Omg. It was amazing. Really helped. But some people get very constipated on it and sometimes it doesn’t let you lose weight. So I went off. But I had binged so much less that it wasn’t such a habit anymore. But I started up again a BIT. Then I discovered this website eatlikeanormalperson.com. That’s when I really stopped. Three huge meals a day eat whatever you want no snacks. Etc. go to her site. That’s when I really stopped. On my own. No meds. In fact it seems weird to me now to binge. It doesn’t even occur to me.
Good luck!!!
Also check out the no s diet book

cookiewriter

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 7:18 am
By the way before pesach my husband and I decided to do whole 30. As soon as I started with all the restrictions I started binging. I don’t know what OA tells u bec I’ve always refused to walk in but I think the general idea is you cannot be trusted. But u can be trusted. You can do this. You can eat carbs and a piece of cake, sitting down with a fork and a latte and not then go and eat your whole pantry. U can pm me if u want

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 8:53 am
I've been a binge eater for most of my adult life. (I'm in my late 40's) I've also tried just about everything including lap band surgery. I was on OA about 8 years ago....in the beginning with a 60 lb weight loss. But no one is perfect, and the moment I slipped, about 8 months in, it was a downward spiral into an awful two years of aggravated binge eating.
I kept attempting to restart, but it just didnt work anymore. Lots of binge eaters are perfectionists, and the OA program really did not work with that. All or nothing will never be the answer (at least for me)
It's now quite a few years later, I'm not thin by any means. But the anguish of the binge eating roller coaster has dissipated bh. Only due to the fact that I refuse to diet. The moment I go on the scale, which I do sometimes, and notice that I lost weight, and start restricting myself, I go back to my old binge eating habits.
Restricting equals binge eating and there are obviously a lot of others that are like me. It takes time to realize that restricting in any way just doesnt work.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise