Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
COLESLAW

WaitingtoDeliver

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 8:40 pm
Any ideas what to do with 3/4 of a bag of pre-chopped coleslaw? DH needs it for Shabbos but only likes a little. I don't want to waste....

I don't need a salad idea, just anything to use it up. Thanks.

Ima'la

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 8:56 am
Only thing I can think of is to find a couple like-minded friends and start a coleslaw gemach! Each week a diff. friend makes coleslaw and divides it up! Very Happy

Actually, now that I think of it, my mother has an "unstuffed cabbage" recipe - intead of stuffing the cabbage, you just throw meat, shredded cabbage, sauce into a pot and cook - I can't imagine a little shredded carrot from the coleslaw mix would hurt - could be supper one night!

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 9:10 am
Sautee with onions, add cooked bowtie noodles and season with black pepper, salt and paprika.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 9:51 am
Eggrolls. Use the Spice & Spirit recipe if you have that cookbook. I only put cabbage in - not the other veggies it calls for.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 9:52 am
freeze it. use it for a cabbage soup or stir fry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics