Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Almost 3 dd not interested

muss

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 11:05 pm
My dd will be three in two weeks and she has no interest in getting toilet trained. We have pottys out and she doesn't even want to sit on it. Need help what to do

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 11:12 pm
Tell her big girls make in the toilet and wear underwear. Tell her every time she makes in the toilet you will give her something yummy, choc chip, craisin, licorice, jelly bean...keep repeating big girls make in the toilet. Where do they make? You need to be serious about doing this. I would do a few hours a day for a few days and then over a weekend. Tell her when she makes only in the toilet you will buy her a prize . Ask her what she wants. Give her lots to drink, let her walk around with no diaper just a long shirt. Keep taking her to the bathroom. Maybe tell her if she sits till you count till 20, she will get candy and build up the time. Tell her she only needs to sit to make and then can get up.
Don't know your child, some are still not ready at that age. ...good luck. Hoping this was helpful

southernbubby

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 11:29 pm
1) take her into the bathroom with you when you go
2) let her see other children use the toilet
3) read her childrens books about learning to use the toilet
4) take her to the store and let her pick out underwear and a potty seat
5) spend a few days at home with her putting her on the toilet frequently
6) don't put diapers or pull-ups on while you are training her except at night
7) stickers might be better than using food as a reward
8) sing "2-4-6-8 who do we appreciate" or some other reward song
9) brag about her to bubby in her presence if she has any success
10) tell her that she is special as compared to the baby who has to wear diapers
11) don't expect her to remember on her own; for awhile it will be your job to take her frequently until she gets used to being clean and dry
12) every half hour that she is clean and dry, praise her for that
13)lead her to the potty while singing a song that she likes and read her a story on the potty while she sits

baltomom

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 11:53 pm
Lots of good ideas above. But trying to train a child who isn't interested doesn't usually go so well. Here are a few ways to motivate her:
-Peer pressure can be very helpful. Is she in a playgroup environment where other kids are toilet trained? Play up any kids who are. "Zissy doesn't wear a diaper anymore. She wears big girl underwear. She's so big!"
-As you change her diaper, if she doesn't like it that much talk to her about the fact that soon she won't need this anymore. "I know you don't like it when I change your diaper; soon you'll be big and make in the toilet and I won't have to change you anymore!"
-I've found that summer is an easier time to train, as clothes are lighter and easier to take on/off....

muss

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 11:46 am
Thanks all. I'm not sure what it is and why she's scared. When I show her the potty she gets petrified. Not sure what to do. We tell her and show her that we go on big potties....

Moonlight

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:28 pm
I think you should drop it and revisit in a few months. Plenty of kids are not ready before 3. Also, if she is in school, peer pressure goes a very long way
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training