Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Do you night train? DD4

esther11

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:53 pm
I’ve heard conflicting ideas on night training and curious as to what you do. My DD4 has been toilet trained since 2.5, and I never attempted to night train her because I heard the idea that it happens on its own when the child’s body is ready. One time we accidentally put her to bed in underwear and she held it in the whole night (she was hopping around when I went to got her in the morning, but she managed to hold it!). Otherwise she has pull ups and they are consistently wet by the morning. So my question is, do I keep waiting or should I start pushing her to stay dry at night? Based on our accidental experiment I do think she’s capable, but I don’t mind the pull ups if developmentally this is better. So what do you do? What do you recommend?

Brownies

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 2:02 pm
Generally I wait till the pull-ups are dry in the morning. However if I were in your situation I would definitely try leaving her in underwear overnight for a week or so and see how it goes. If it was a fluke and she wet the bed every night I wouldn’t hesitate to put her back in pull-ups. My kids have generally all been dry at night by around 3.5 years except one who managed it at 2.5 but she was quicker for all her physical development milestones than the others.

esther11

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 2:07 pm
Hmmm...ok so she’s a kid who’s not so good with change. Maybe I’ll talk to her about it for a few days and then try over the weekend.
Thanks!

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 2:35 pm
When my kids stayed dry most nights, I put them to sleep without a diaper... of course there were accidents but that’s part of it and they didn’t like feeling wet so it encouraged them to stay dry and always use the bathroom right before bed. Some kids were fine by 2.5 -3 but my boys it was more like 5 ... I believe in no pressure.. whenever they’re ready. It usually starts with them asking not to wear anything.. and you discuss about staying dry.. and they try with their diaper on for a while.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 2:39 pm
I’m in the same exact situation op. She never wakes up dry when she has the pull up on but maybe if we put underwear on she would start using the toilet at night?

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 2:46 pm
amother wrote:
I’m in the same exact situation op. She never wakes up dry when she has the pull up on but maybe if we put underwear on she would start using the toilet at night?

From my experience that doesn’t work. I think they have to want to say goodbye to the diapers for it to really work.

esther11

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 4:03 pm
So I’m totally fine with waiting, just not sure because of that one time she lasted the whole night...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training