Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lag Baomer in Meiron, tour group from U.S.?

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 9:41 am
Hi! I really would like to go to Eretz yisroel for Lag Baomer, I guess with a tour group because I would be lonely navigating alone. DH offered me to go and he will watch the kids!
So, Anyone know of any good tour groups? Am I crazy to try to join one alone with no friends? What are these organized trips Like?
Would love to hear from people who went on specific tours, positive, negetive etc.
I love Eretz Yisroel and have been many times.
I want to have a good time, be treated well, very organized and nice not snobby group of woman!
I am lubavitch and easily get along with litvish, chassidish. I rather a mix type of group
All leads welcome Smile
Thank you!

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 1:09 pm
Bump

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 2:01 pm
Pupa tour, had an amazing experience!

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 2:32 pm
Artzenu also does a very nice group, maybe a bit more mixed

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 7:22 pm
Anyone been on artzeinu? Can you tell me more about it? And how big is the group?

henny1

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 9:14 pm
Is the Pupa tour for couples only or also for singles? What ages is it geared for?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 9:49 pm
henny1 wrote:
Is the Pupa tour for couples only or also for singles? What ages is it geared for?

When I went with them 7 years ago I was single at that time. I remember them having 3 buses one for men, one woman, one couples.

All ages...we had a wonderful time...it was so beautiful and uplifting. My dream is to go back with them one day.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 3:15 pm
Has anyone gone with azamru tours?

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 4:03 pm
To update you all. I ended up going with Azamru tours, and we had the TIME OF OUR LIVES!!!!!! Both ruchnius uplifting and pampered bgashmius.

We had a great combination of visiting mekomos hakedoshim, kevorim, etc, and doing some really fun activities! The food and accomidations were 5 star. I don't even know how they made money on us, because he was so not stingy, and spent so much, expensive things. We did keeping, segways, jetboat ride, cruise, Rosh hanikrah, hikes. He let the bus go overtime so we can squeeze more into the day.
We went to the rambam, shaloh, Arizal, rochel aishes Akiva, rabbi Akiva, amuka, reb meir baal hanes, meiron ofcourse, keverrochel. Some of us walked to the Kosel Fridahanukah,

Other tours that went at this time, ex. Pupa, only/mostly did mekomos kedoshim , which are free. And charged the same.

We also had a fantastic adorable tour guide!!!
We were a great heimishe group and became close friends and had such a wonderful experience. Can't wait to hopefully go back again.
I highly recommend!!!

LisaS

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 1:32 am
That's awesome! So much fun to hear positive reviews of such a complicated undertaking.

Iymnok

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 1:38 am
How was Meiron for a woman? I get reports from Dh, but he wants to go as a family, I want to know if it’s worth it or if I’ll go crazy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics