Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Fabuwood cabinets

mom39

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:06 pm
I am looking to redo my kitchen. The quote I got for Fabuwood cabinets is MUCH cheaper than the quotes I got for other companies. Did anybody get Fabuwood cabinets and are you happy with them? More importantly, did anyone install them years ago and are they holding up well?

happy12

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:29 pm
My friend has them for 8 years. Has a large family and they held up well.
I put them in my basement about a year ago, but I don't use. that kitchen much.

Purple2

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:43 pm
You get the best “bang for your buck” with fabuwood. In my experience they are well priced and good quality

das

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:47 pm
We put them in some rental properties and they've help up beautifully despite heavy use.

newbie613

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 2:43 pm
mom39 wrote:
I am looking to redo my kitchen. The quote I got for Fabuwood cabinets is MUCH cheaper than the quotes I got for other companies. Did anybody get Fabuwood cabinets and are you happy with them? More importantly, did anyone install them years ago and are they holding up well?

If this is in Brooklyn, where did you go for this quote? I’m looking to put in a new kitchen and need recommendations.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 3:03 pm
Fabuwood is a Chinese line. Like many other brands, Fabuwood produces different grades of cabinets ranging from "builders grade" (poor quality) to very good quality.

brooklyn11211

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 9:18 pm
Fabuwood has some very good lines, definitely worth checking out

happyfaces

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 9:34 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Fabuwood is a Chinese line. Like many other brands, Fabuwood produces different grades of cabinets ranging from "builders grade" (poor quality) to very good quality.

Isn't it owned by a frum jew?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 9:44 pm
happyfaces wrote:
Isn't it owned by a frum jew?

Yes. She is just saying that it's manufactured in China

happyfaces

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 9:49 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Yes. She is just saying that it's manufactured in China

Not all, some are actually manufactured in nj.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 9:54 pm
happyfaces wrote:
Not all, some are actually manufactured in nj.

That would mean assembled in New Jersey. When you're shipping products across the world, it's much easier to send them flat.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 9:58 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
That would mean assembled in New Jersey. When you're shipping products across the world, it's much easier to send them flat.

Correct. My DH is currently working at a kitchen cabinet manufacturer and they manufacture most of the cabinetry in China and assemble it all in a warehouse in New Jersey. Some lines come directly from China all put together aside for just a few parts and other lines are less assembled and involve more work here in the US

Amarante

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 10:14 pm
I am currently gut remodeling - kitchen, baths and everything in between and I am spending a LOT of time on then houzz website which has a great forum.

You should go on that site as it has helped me immeasurably in configuring my kitchens (and baths) in terms of finding out stuff that I had never even realized I wanted - or needed - for example I am having toe kick steps built into every place I have upper cabinets because I am short and this way I won't have to drag out the step ladder. Other people have the toe kicks made with drawers so they can store stuff like trays, sheets, place mats or whatever.

Anyway I digress - I did a search for Fabuwood and there is a LONG thread on it - there are other threads as well.

https://www.houzz.com/discussi.....n=341

I really suggest spending some time on that site - there is so much to learn because remodeling a kitchen is something you want to be as perfect as it can be in terms of really being both functional and aesthetically pleasing.

I am having a local cabinet maker do my cabinets because I have a relatively small space and I didn't want to waste a single inch of it which you have to do with non-custom cabinets and the price was much less than if I had attempted to get even a fraction of what I wanted in a semi-custom line.

Here are all the threads discussing Fabuwood

https://www.houzz.com/discussi.....uwood

greengrapes

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 10:51 pm
Who deals with fabuwood in brooklyn? How do they compare to ikea kitchens?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains