Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Boon vs. oribel high chair

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 10:10 am
I'm looking into buying a high chair for my 9 month old, anyone has any opinions on the boon or oribel high chair? That's what the stores are recommending to me

Pinny

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 11:38 am
I would look at the different pros and cons - oribel reclines, comfortable and nice and cheaper than the Boon. Boon is basically a great peice for a grandmothers house - it doesn't have any features other than a seat for the baby to eat in. The tray is extremely small, it's not easy to open and it's not a comfortable seat. It has a very small footprint so it's easy to store in small spaces - I am not sure how the oribel compares in that sense. (I happened to have just done all the research so I can tell you what I don't like about each :-))
You can take your baby and test them and see which you like better too.
Good luck with your decision!

kenz

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 11:34 pm
Pinny wrote:
I would look at the different pros and cons - oribel reclines, comfortable and nice and cheaper than the Boon. Boon is basically a great peice for a grandmothers house - it doesn't have any features other than a seat for the baby to eat in. The tray is extremely small, it's not easy to open and it's not a comfortable seat. It has a very small footprint so it's easy to store in small spaces - I am not sure how the oribel compares in that sense. (I happened to have just done all the research so I can tell you what I don't like about each :-))
You can take your baby and test them and see which you like better too.
Good luck with your decision!

I know this is not a new thread but may I ask what you ended up with? I just got the Oribel Cocoon and I'm not sure about it.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 11:41 pm
I looked at the Oribel in a store today. It seems like you can only recline the seat while the tray is off. That seems very annoying to me.

kenz

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 11:43 pm
amother wrote:
I looked at the Oribel in a store today. It seems like you can only recline the seat while the tray is off. That seems very annoying to me.

I haven't tried that yet but what concerns me is that the legs don't seem to lock when the high chair is open, so technically it can fold up while the baby is in it if pushed, which can happen accidentally. I don't see anything about that in any reviews anywhere.

kenz

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 12:13 am
kenz wrote:
I haven't tried that yet but what concerns me is that the legs don't seem to lock when the high chair is open, so technically it can fold up while the baby is in it if pushed, which can happen accidentally. I don't see anything about that in any reviews anywhere.

never mind, I found the brake
the instructions are awful

mfhr

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 2:30 am
I have the oribek and boon and the only pro of the oribek is it's large tray. The recline is only when tray is out and it's vey hard to clean. On the sides the did gets stuck insider and under the foam it needs scrubbing after every meal

mom24.7

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 6:31 am
I have the boon flair for 4+ years and absolutely love it. The tray is easy to remove and you can do it with one hand. It's is super easy to clean! The size of the tray actually never bothered me. A 9" plastic plate fits ok.

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 8:36 am
I have the boon. Really loved it. It looks really cool and wheels around easily. I love that it has a little tray on top of the tray. I put on the top one for milchigs. I would've liked if the tray was bigger. I find that things always fall off it.

Last edited by amother on Mon, May 23 2022, 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

babysmum

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 9:01 am
It seems like the boon doesn't fold, do you find it takes up a lot of space?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics