Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Where to buy laundry detergent?

Lizajen

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 6:18 pm
Where's the cheapest place to buy laundry detergent?

bsy

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 6:28 pm
I get purex in cvs on sale for about 2 dollars

southernbubby

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 6:58 pm
Dollar Tree has a 32 load bottle for a dollar but I bought it because my clothes don't get that dirty. For children's clothes that get stained, it probably isn't any good.

If someone is really strapped and looking for cheap, Amazon sells a make-it-yourself laundry detergent kit with washing soda, borax, and fells naptha bars that you have to grate. Then you mix this together and have a powder that does a decent job for about 10 cents a load.

fbmommy

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 7:00 pm
Is there a specific brand that you're looking to get for the cheapest price, or are you just looking for the best deal possible?
In general I order my detergents from Target as they have the good brands for competitive prices, and I like to order them when they have gift card promotions (eg. spend $25 on certain products get a $5 GC)

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 7:01 pm
Depends if you want a specific brand of detergent or not....lately I've been buying detergents in Target. I'm finding their prices to be cheap when buying multiple large bottles of detergent. They often have a sale price, plus a $5 giftcard toward next purchase if you buy a certain $ amount....

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 7:04 pm
Shop Rite has good sales periodically. Brands rotate. Cheaper brands could go down below $2 a bottle once in a while.

bookie

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 7:24 pm
Target is cheap for tide

Moonlight

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 9:16 pm
I also do target for detergent

gilamom

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 9:20 pm
Right now you can load a $2 off 2 coupon onto your Walgreens card online then go in store where Arm and Hammer detergent are $1.99 each, so after scanning your Walgreens card it's now $2 for two bottles. If you happen to be in Shoprite they also have Arm and Hammer detergent for $1.99 a bottle. I usually wait for the Tide Simply to go down to $2-$3 at Shoprite and stock up, I find myself having to use Shout spray whether it's the orange Tide bottle or the yellow cheaper one so might as well save myself some money.

cookiewriter

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 11:16 pm
Targets own brand - up and up- is great. Works really well. I have five kids under 13.
Get a target credit card so that you have free online shipping PLUS 5-% off for anytime you need more.
Also they have a subscription service that you get another 5% off of you subscribe monthly. So it comes to my door every month.
Win win!

MommyM

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 11:51 pm
Another vote for Target with their offers.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 11:51 am
I once compared Shop-Rite and Target detergents and I found that Shop-Rite had slightly better sales, but that was just that one time, I don't know if this is true for always.

Target's Up & Up is top rated by Consumer Reports (at least it used to be, I haven't checked them in a while), and Costco, if you shop there, has good prices on detergents also.

But I like Shop-Rite, Target, or Wal-Mart. Shop-Rite and Target have good periodic sales, and Wal-Mart is generally cheaper altogether.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains