Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Michael Cohen's third client...
Previous  1  2  3  4

SpottedBanana

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 2:03 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Are you saying that the Iranian deal was actually safe for WikiLeaks? I'm not sure how you managed to come to the conclusion that Benghazi was not a total disaster but far be it from me to bring Reagan into this discussion.

Are you saying that there's some way this whole debacle won't be compared to Zionism and that the people living off of food stamps in Lakewood won't be implicated for this?

I personally don't think the Saudis had anything to do with this so I don't understand what you're saying.

I believe you're the one diverting the topic of the thread the most -- to how much you dislike the way Fox expresses herself.

WhatFor

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 2:52 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I doubt Fox New knew. Hannity should have informed them to avoid the appearance of conflict.

Well, they're going with what you said. Fox news issued a statement saying they don't know but continue to support Hannity.

If Hannity is claiming he barely had a relationship, then Cohen and his attorneys look like they just used this nominal "client" to support their privilege claim.

sushilover

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 6:13 pm
WhatFor wrote:
IMO, there's a story either way. If Cohen didn't retain Hannity then Cohen and his lawyers just spent hours lying to a judge in court.

If Hannity did retain Cohen, then Hannity was withholding a bias when reporting on this story and there's potentially more to come.

I didn't read this whole thread yet, but I had to comment on the idea that Hannity was withholding a bias.
OH MY GOD! ARE YOU SERIOUS? Are you saying that Hannity is NOT the objective journalist I always thought he was? ?? I am shocked. Shocked, I say! Next you'll tell me that George stephenapoulos is biased too!
/s

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 8:07 pm
I know I'm coming a little late to the party, and I may be off topic, but I just wanted to add that I've listened to Hannity's show off and on, and I've found him to be a sincere and genuinely nice, good person. My personal opinion is that he's not a genius like some of the other hosts, and he tends to be a bit paranoid. It makes perfect sense that he would have hired a lawyer like Cohen just because. And of course, anyone can sue anyone for anything, and Hannity is certainly very wealthy...

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 9:28 am
WhatFor wrote:
You would be obfuscating the subject of this thread: today in court it was revealed that Michael Cohen had exactly three clients: one of them was Donald Trump (we knew that); one of them was Broidy (we knew that); the third person was leading Fox news talk show host, Sean Hannity.

Hannity had been commenting for days on the impropriety of the Cohen raid without revealing that he alone was a third of Cohen's clients. In the meantime, Trump has been consistently pushing his supporters to watch the Hannity show, basically saying everyone else is fake news and that Hannity is the bearer of Truth.

Cohen's attorneys argued in court today that Hannity's privilege would be violated if the SDNY was permitted to review Cohen's records. Hannity then says on his show that Cohen was barely his attorney. That was story you'd be obfuscating.

I'm not following the details of the story. Can you explain why they're focusing on these 3? Surely Cohen's practice isn't based on just these 3 clients. Thanks.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 9:36 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
I know I'm coming a little late to the party, and I may be off topic, but I just wanted to add that I've listened to Hannity's show off and on, and I've found him to be a sincere and genuinely nice, good person. My personal opinion is that he's not a genius like some of the other hosts, and he tends to be a bit paranoid. It makes perfect sense that he would have hired a lawyer like Cohen just because. And of course, anyone can sue anyone for anything, and Hannity is certainly very wealthy...

You know, I think he's a nice guy too. Definitely one of the low info hosts. I don't know if he's paranoid. He's definitely not smart. Gotta love how he calls himself a journalist at the same time as excoriating Anderson Cooper's tabloid performance on 60 Minutes with Stormy Daniels while interviewing Bill Clinton victims. I guess he would say that 60 Minutes tries to be the NYT and he's more Post (and not G-d forbid National Enquirer).

I don't like his shouting down guests. He doesn't do that much lately, afaik. He seems to have the same "investigative reporters" rehashing the same stuff. I don't really listen much.

If he has used Cohen's services, and not just consulted him about something that didn't involve a third party, as he claimed, I don't think he's going to come out well from this. My inquiring mind doesn't need to know though.

anon for this

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 10:02 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I'm not following the details of the story. Can you explain why they're focusing on these 3? Surely Cohen's practice isn't based on just these 3 clients. Thanks.

I believe that over the past year or so, he's only had these three clients. The fact that Sean Hannity is the third client is of interest primarily because of Hannity's continuous anti-FBI commentary. Also because Cohen performed a specific sort of third-party transaction for his other two clients.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 5:28 pm
anon for this wrote:
I believe that over the past year or so, he's only had these three clients. The fact that Sean Hannity is the third client is of interest primarily because of Hannity's continuous anti-FBI commentary. Also because Cohen performed a specific sort of third-party transaction for his other two clients.

Thanks. I figured that was what it was. I guess being the in-house lawyer for any of those 3 could keep a body busy.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 6:37 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Thanks. I figured that was what it was. I guess being the in-house lawyer for any of those 3 could keep a body busy.

He wasn't in-house counsel last year, although IIRC he was in-house counsel for Trump at some point in the past.

I was just reading something about this.

Apparently, Cohen's attorneys cited a case in support of their argument that the identity of clients is privileged. Amici counsel for media (I don't know what media) picked up on that, and pointed out that in fact, the case held that the identity of clients is not privileged except in certain very limited circumstances not present in the case.

Its also interesting to note that Cohen has now dropped his defamation action against Buzzfeed. Buzzfeed claimed that Cohen went to the Czech Republic to try to stop the release of the Steele Dossier (aka the Pee Pee Papers).
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics