Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Buying, planting fruit trees and bushes. Tips?

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 6:14 pm
Anon cause asked in irl.

Where to buy apple, peach, cherry trees near lakewood? Any other types grow well in this climate?

Gooseberry, currant bushes too.

What's approximate prices?

If you have an idea how old those trees need to be to give fruit and how to plant a mature tree properly to avoid oral issues -please chime in! Any other tips are welcome!

Thanks!!!

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 8:05 pm
Don't have any info , just be very aware that they can never be cut down....

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 8:10 pm
I have bought trees at a tree nursery. I haven't bought fruit trees, but a variety of others. They gave us instructions on how to take care of the trees properly. There are a lot of nurseries in lakewood/howell/brick/toms river. Call them and find out exactly what they have. Most nurseries do deliveries as well.

Originally, my gardener (jewish owned company) planted a few things. They purchased the plants and put them in the ground. It was easy, but much more costly. The next time around we did the nursery and had the guy who cuts my lawn plant them.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 8:11 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Don't have any info , just be very aware that they can never be cut down....
. Good point, thanks!

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 8:13 pm
amother wrote:
I have bought trees at a tree nursery. I haven't bought fruit trees, but a variety of others. They gave us instructions on how to take care of the trees properly. There are a lot of nurseries in lakewood/howell/brick/toms river. Call them and find out exactly what they have. Most nurseries do deliveries as well.

Originally, my gardener (jewish owned company) planted a few things. They purchased the plants and put them in the ground. It was easy, but much more costly. The next time around we did the nursery and had the guy who cuts my lawn plant them.

Thank you for the idea. I'll call to find out.
How much did you pay your lawn guys to plant them?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 11:27 pm
Magenta Yenta knew so much about all this. I miss her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics