Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
What to serve guests for weeknight?

bmom1

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 7:38 am
I'm having one of my rebbeim from seminary for a weeknight dinner... Any menu ideas that aren't too shabbosy?

simba

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 8:12 am
I would make a nice salmon, garlic pasta and grilled veggies.

cheeseaddict

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 9:00 am
simba wrote:
I would make a nice salmon, garlic pasta and grilled veggies.

Two votes for salmon!
Was going to write salmon, garlic string beans and rice/mashed potato.

Hatzlacha!

imamother153

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 9:27 am
For protein main u can do two tone meat loaf, grilled chicken, (double) breaded fried (then baked) chicken steak u can serve a sauce on top as well, stuffed capons (deboned bottoms with skin attached)
Starch sides could be a scoop mash potatoes with a scoop mashed sweet potato, mock shlishkes, roasted mini red potatoes.
Vegetable side either snap peas, broccoli salad, vegetable stir fry.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 9:38 am
A veggie soup
Breaded chicken cutlets, mashed potatoes and a salad or cooked veggies
Fruit for dessert

Or the salmon that someone else mentioned .

OutATowner

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 9:41 am
I would do fleishigs, even if simple. Shnitzel or chicken, rice or potatoes, a vegetable side.
Soups are always nice

cheeseaddict

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 10:31 am
imamother153 wrote:
For protein main u can do two tone meat loaf, grilled chicken, (double) breaded fried (then baked) chicken steak u can serve a sauce on top as well, stuffed capons (deboned bottoms with skin attached)
Starch sides could be a scoop mash potatoes with a scoop mashed sweet potato, mock shlishkes, roasted mini red potatoes.

Wow!
Can I come to you for dinner?

imamother153

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 2:14 pm
cheeseaddict wrote:
Wow!
Can I come to you for dinner?

Sure! I’d love to host you! Very Happy

cbg

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 2:25 pm
I would do a bone-in oven fried chicken (aka shake n bake), yellow rice with vermicelli noodles, oven roasted brocolli, and a nice garden salad with all the fixings. For dessert some cut fruit and something mezonot store bought.

tichellady

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 2:43 pm
Vegetable soup, spaghetti and meatballs, salad, fruit

bmom1

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 5:25 pm
imamother153 wrote:

How do you make chicken steak? Would you use mushroom sauce?

All these ideas sound super yummy everyone thank you!! I'll take more ideas too if anyone has!

imamother153

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 6:09 pm
bmom1 wrote:
How do you make chicken steak? Would you use mushroom sauce?

All these ideas sound super yummy everyone thank you!! I'll take more ideas too if anyone has!

I coat in flour dip in spiced eggs then cornflakes crumbs reapeat eggs and crumbs. (U can add some parsley flakes to the crumbs for a pretty look.) Or instead of spicing the eggs I’ll mix half flavored crumbs with half regular cornflakes crumbs. Fry until crispy. Place in a lined bekele with some water underneath the parchment paper. Bake covered on 200f for like 2-3 hrs till it’s soft. Uncover last 15 minutes to regain the crisp. U can definitely serve it with mushroom sauce.

bmom1

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 9:34 pm
imamother153 wrote:
I coat in flour dip in spiced eggs then cornflakes crumbs reapeat eggs and crumbs. (U can add some parsley flakes to the crumbs for a pretty look.) Or instead of spicing the eggs I’ll mix half flavored crumbs with half regular cornflakes crumbs. Fry until crispy. Place in a lined bekele with some water underneath the parchment paper. Bake covered on 200f for like 2-3 hrs till it’s soft. Uncover last 15 minutes to regain the crisp. U can definitely serve it with mushroom sauce.

Using chicken cutlets correct? Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus