Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
What's your absolute BEST recipe for chicken cutlets?

seeker

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 4:53 pm
Made delicious shwarma chicken cutlets for supper last night. Then realized that more chicken cutlets are the only thing left in my freezer to defrost for Shabbos (I have some whole chickens but those are too much for us with no guests, and take much longer to defrost anyway. This was not a prepare-in-advance sort of Shabbos, as you can tell.)

So I want to make something different and special and yummy. Slight issue: My kids don't tend to love the things that adults would consider special Wink

Everyone likes regular breaded fried shnitzel cutlets, but not only is that messy, oily, and carby, it also feels like a weekday supper to me, which is irrational because anyway I only make it on special occasions (like, visiting Bobby and waiting for Bobby to make it LOL LOL )

Anyway, help me decide what to make please.

married123

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 4:59 pm
I like baking my chicken cutlets. Dip it on a mixture of mayo, bbq sauce and mustard and then dip in Panko crumbs or any other crumbs. Spray w Pam and bake for 20 min

seeker

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 5:01 pm
Forgot to mention BTW I can't use mustard. I love honey-mustard type flavors but we have an allergy in the house.

Stars

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 5:01 pm
Marinated and grilled. You can marinate them in anything you think the kids will like. We love it in oil, lots of crushed garlic and some schwarma spice. You don't need to soak them for more than an hour or so, but of course longer is better.

daagahminayin

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 5:05 pm
This is always a hit: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/.....east/

chicco

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 5:06 pm
1. Coated in brown sugar and a package of good seasons
2. Egged and coated in crispy fried onions

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 5:15 pm
TERIYAKI CHICKEN

For every 4 or so cutlets, marinate in 3 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs olive oil, and garlic and ginger to taste. The longer the better, but an hour will suffice. Grill or bake at 350.

ORANGE CHICKEN

I also did a citrus chicken this Shabbat. IIRC, its 1/4 cup orange juice (I just juiced an orange and hoped for the best), 1/4 cup lemon juice, orange zest, lemon zest, 2 tbs olive oil, tarragon, salt, pepper. Again, the longer the better to marinate, but at least an hour. Grill.

seeker

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 5:16 pm
daagahminayin wrote:

Definitely bookmarking this for next time! This time the cutlets I'm using are already cut into smaller pieces so I think I'm going to go for something grilled or fried.

shanie5

Post Sat, Apr 21 2018, 10:59 pm
daagahminayin wrote:

The recipe calls for brining the chicken first. Kosher chickens are pretty much already brined. They were soaked for at least 1/2 hour, coated in salt for an hour and then rinsed 3 times. One of those rinses lasts a while because it's also cooling the chicken to a temperature of 40 degrees or lower (usda requirements). The water its cooling in will have some salt in it that was on the chicken and rinsed off by the water. SO you can save that step, making the recipe even easier to use!

seeker

Post Sat, Apr 21 2018, 11:05 pm
shanie5 wrote:
The recipe calls for brining the chicken first. Kosher chickens are pretty much already brined. They were soaked for at least 1/2 hour, coated in salt for an hour and then rinsed 3 times. One of those rinses lasts a while because it's also cooling the chicken to a temperature of 40 degrees or lower (usda requirements). The water its cooling in will have some salt in it that was on the chicken and rinsed off by the water. SO you can save that step, making the recipe even easier to use!

Thanks for that tip!

BTW I ended up doing the teriyaki style chicken in a grill pan and it was very good. I have some leftovers for a nice chicken salad after I go shopping for veggies Smile

happy12

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 8:41 pm
shanie5 wrote:

Anyone try it with brining ?
How did it come out?
Also I'm ASSUMING It Is Roasted uncovered.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey