Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I need a lock for the fridge that's child proof.....and

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 9:11 am
WON'T BREAK!! I already had one that crackeded a few days later. In going crazy.

Anybody suggestions please???

animeme

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 9:16 am
The only lock I have ever used that didn't break is a butterfly lock for a side by side, locking the two handles together. For a top bottom, they all either broke or could be pried off. Find the best rated one and buy in bulk, expecting to replace it often.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 10:09 am
Thanks!

Anybody that did have a good experience with a lock for top and bottom?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 12:58 pm
I had this, needed replacing every few months. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00068O250/

Got this and it's on my fridge and both ovens almost 2 years already. www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AZN0L78
There are many similar to this on amazon. Good luck.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 1:11 pm
animeme - Hi. Can you tell me which butterfly lock you have that worked? Much appreciated.

animeme

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 5:02 pm
I can't see the first one mistyrose posted well enough. The second type didn't break on me, but ds used to pry one side or the other off- adhesive was no match for his determination.

Butterfly lock: something like this. I haven't used this particular one. Mine was Safety 1st, but the iterations they have now seem easier to open than what I had, so you'd need to test them. Because they're flexible, they don't usually break.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 8:02 pm
Padlock from the hardware store with a number combination. You need to screw in the lock holders (not sure what the're called). We did this out of desperation as none of the baby locks worked & im very happy with it.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 1:52 am
amother wrote:
I had this, needed replacing every few months. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00068O250/

Got this and it's on my fridge and both ovens almost 2 years already. www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AZN0L78
There are many similar to this on amazon. Good luck.

Two days after posting this my toddler twisted the strap while it was open and it snapped in half. I shouldn't have said anything Rolling Eyes

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 6:33 am
If you have one in your area, go to Babies R Us. They have a lot of locks to choose from, and they tend to stock only the tried and tested ones.

Ask them what the return policy is if the lock gets broken. I haven't been in that store in over 10 years, but they used to have an amazing return policy.

If all else fails, a padlock may be your best bet, especially if you are planning to have more little ones in the future. It's the one thing that guaranteed not to break.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 6:41 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
If you have one in your area, go to Babies R Us. They have a lot of locks to choose from, and they tend to stock only the tried and tested ones.

Ask them what the return policy is if the lock gets broken. I haven't been in that store in over 10 years, but they used to have an amazing return policy.

If all else fails, a padlock may be your best bet, especially if you are planning to have more little ones in the future. It's the one thing that guaranteed not to break.

Toys R Us went bankrupt and their stores are closing. An era is over. Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics