Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why are Trump's affairs a legal issue?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

fmt4

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 9:34 am
ohmygosh wrote:
That is DISGUSTING. There is NO excuse for saying something like that. What a complete racist you are.

Calling out racism doesn’t make you a racist. Confused

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 9:37 am
fmt4 wrote:
Calling out racism doesn’t make you a racist. Confused

No. It makes YOU idiot who makes up stupidity when you have no bais in fact to state what you did.

leah233

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 9:40 am
fmt4 wrote:
Marina, why do you even try?

These people are not worth your time. They usually belong to two categories: ignorant and uninformed (the amothers, usually) or so stubborn and narrow minded that they have convinced themselves that trump is their man and no matter what happens, they will never stop supporting him.

Either way, these people won’t change their minds and it’s a waste of time to engage them.

This attitude which is common among liberals epitomizes why even though I did NOT vote for Trump I'm happy he won.

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 9:41 am
fmt4 wrote:
If you make your decisions based only on one issue then you are ignorant and uninformed about all the many other issues.

Not rocket science.

You are really a block head. Because she makes decisions on one issue, how does that make her uninformed and ignorant?

How is it possible that she reads only articles relating to his treatment of Israel, and she doesn't at least see headlines and abstracts of what not to read?

fmt4

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 9:45 am
As far as I know, name calling is not allowed on this site. So far you’ve called me an idiot and a blockhead.

Personal insults are very in line with Trumpian discourse I suppose.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 9:51 am
fmt4 wrote:
As far as I know, name calling is not allowed on this site. So far you’ve called me an idiot and a blockhead.

Do you want me to point out the names you’ve called trump supporters- specifically the WOMEN ON THIS SITE??

In laughing so hard. You keep getting yourself into deeper hot water.

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 9:51 am
fmt4 wrote:

You called me a racist. You started with the name calling first. You personally insulted me and another poster, so according to your block head logic, you must be a Trump supporter.

fmt4

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 9:54 am
I didn’t personally insult anyone. I said that trump supporters are uninformed and ignorant. I didn’t call you a racist, I questioned your comments about Michelle Obama. If you can’t see the difference between that and calling someone an idiot and a blockhead like you’re five years old...

Then you must be a trump supporter. LOL

I JOKE.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 9:58 am
fmt4 wrote:
I didn’t personally insult anyone. I said that trump supporters are uninformed and ignorant. I didn’t call you a racist, I questioned your comments about Michelle Obama. If you can’t see the difference between that and calling someone an idiot and a blockhead like you’re five years old...

I JOKE.

Yeah. right.

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 10:02 am
fmt4 wrote:

I JOKE.

You are unsophisticated and opinionated. I used language that is effective to convey my disgust. Even you can't mistake block head and idiot.

fmt4 wrote:
Oh and Squishy, why don’t you stop with the euphemisms (“classy”) and say what you actually mean - you have a problem with Michelle Obama on the cover of magazines because she is black.

Ugh.

If you state I have a problem with someone solely because they are black, then you implied to a degree that is not debatable that you think I am a racist - you block head.

I use 5 year language when I think someone has the intellect of a 5 year old.

ohmygosh

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 10:02 am
fmt4 wrote:

I JOKE.

No, that's not an insult at all. We're just uninformed and ignorant. In fact, what you meant is you were trying to compliment us, correct?

I'm sick of liberals calling all people who do not agree with their policies ignorant, racist and plenty of other adjectives. What a small-minded, broad generalization.

So let me inform you. I am not uneducated. I am not uninformed. I am not ignorant in the slightest. In fact, I am very informed, bright, and knowledgeable. I know, shocker, since I clearly don't agree with your ideas.

Last edited by ohmygosh on Sun, Apr 22 2018, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

leah233

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 10:03 am
fmt4 wrote:
I didn’t personally insult anyone. I said that trump supporters are uninformed and ignorant.

As President Reagan once put it:

"The problem with our liberal friends isn't that they are ignorant. It's that so much of what they know simply isn't so"

Optimystic

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 11:08 am
amother wrote:
Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen had his office raided recently and materials relating to several woman Trump has supposedly had affairs with was seized. Why is this important? Maybe Trump had affairs, and maybe he didn't. I think most everybody assumes there have been numerous affairs. Why is Trump's affairs a legal issue?

This is a democracy, and the voters decide whether or not character is a relevant issue. In a time when women are finally sometimes being heard for speaking out about being exploited or excluded by men in power, I consider the current president's attitudes/actions towards women very relevant. And I say this as a conservative who is completely dismayed at the GOP's complete disregard of morality for the sake of scoring political points.

Women have too often remained silent about zxl assault or exploitation in the name of supporting some greater good. Either we think we and our daughters are important, or we don't. Haven't read the thread yet; I just couldn't let this go.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 12:22 pm
Optimystic wrote:
This is a democracy, and the voters decide whether or not character is a relevant issue. In a time when women are finally sometimes being heard for speaking out about being exploited or excluded by men in power, I consider the current president's attitudes/actions towards women very relevant. And I say this as a conservative who is completely dismayed at the GOP's complete disregard of morality for the sake of scoring political points.

Women have too often remained silent about zxl assault or exploitation in the name of supporting some greater good. Either we think we and our daughters are important, or we don't. Haven't read the thread yet; I just couldn't let this go.

I agree. That's why I'm so confused why all the lib/dem/Hollywood elitist celebs let Havey Weinstien get away with actual rape for so many women for *decades* as well as actual rape of actual kids for *decades* in Hollywood. It's confusing why that matters LESS than Trump's consensual affair 12 years ago.
Also confusing is when Juanita Broderick claimed Clinton actually raped her, the "party that cares so much about women" dismissed her claims, calling her a wh*ore, destroying her life and completely not believing her, but when an actual wh*re claims she had a consensual relationship with Trump, everyone rolls out the red carpet to hear what she has to say. So basically, a Republican cannot have consensual s*x with a woman, but a Democrat can actually rape a woman. Got it. I see now how much his treatment of women bothers you. So much that you ignore the far worse treatment by dem/lib/hollywood.

tryinghard

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 12:31 pm
I was a Never-Trump-er for a while.
I got over it.

I hate a lot of what he says, I hate a lot of what he does. I hope to never be within 100 feet of him. I think he is a scumbag.

But I agree with many of his policies. And I appreciate a lot of what he has accomplished.
Taxes. Trade. Israel. Withdrawing from the Paris Accord. Regulatory cuts. Ending "catch and release". Neil Gorsuch. Focus on opioids, gangs, energy infrastructure and independence. Jobs and GDP growth. Various VA bills and acts. Regaining America's position of international strength. Cuba. Venezuela.

I have said this a few times before:

During the election, DH's Rosh Yeshiva was asked about voting for such a morally despicable individual. He said, "Would you want him as your Rosh Kollel? No. But for the dirty, filthy job of President of the United States, he's perfect."

Before you pick apart my list of things I like that he has done,

1)I know people will say "he didn't do this" or "that wasn't Trump". But please be intellectually consistant. There are so many things Obama gets credit for that according to certain standards, many would say he didn't do. So apply the same standard. The tax bill is something some might say was Congress, not Trump. If so, ObamaCare wasn't Obama either.

2) you may disagree with my positive opinion on every single policy or act I listed. But they are my (informed) opinions. I am merely making a (probably fruitless) attempt to show, once again, that there are many many people out here who would hold our noses and vote for the man again in a heartbeat, and we are not all uniformed, ignorant, bigoted deplorables.

not that I really mind being called a deplorable by Hillary. I disagree with nearly every word out of the woman's mouth. Oh wait, maybe my husband just came and typed out his opinion for me to post?

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 12:38 pm
tryinghard wrote:
I was a Never-Trump-er for a while.
I got over it.

I hate a lot of what he says, I hate a lot of what he does. I hope to never be within 100 feet of him. I think he is a scumbag.

But I agree with many of his policies. And I appreciate a lot of what he has accomplished.
Taxes. Trade. Israel. Withdrawing from the Paris Accord. Regulatory cuts. Ending "catch and release". Neil Gorsuch. Focus on opioids, gangs, energy infrastructure and independence. Jobs and GDP growth. Various VA bills and acts. Regaining America's position of international strength. Cuba. Venezuela.

I have said this a few times before:

During the election, DH's Rosh Yeshiva was asked about voting for such a morally despicable individual. He said, "Would you want him as your Rosh Kollel? No. But for the dirty, filthy job of President of the United States, he's perfect."

Before you pick apart my list of things I like that he has done,

1)I know people will say "he didn't do this" or "that wasn't Trump". But please be intellectually consistant. There are so many things Obama gets credit for that according to certain standards, many would say he didn't do. So apply the same standard. The tax bill is something some might say was Congress, not Trump. If so, ObamaCare wasn't Obama either.

2) you may disagree with my positive opinion on every single policy or act I listed. But they are my (informed) opinions. I am merely making a (probably fruitless) attempt to show, once again, that there are many many people out here who would hold our noses and vote for the man again in a heartbeat, and we are not all uniformed, ignorant, bigoted deplorables.

not that I really mind being called a deplorable by Hillary. I disagree with nearly every word out of the woman's mouth. Oh wait, maybe my husband just came and typed out his opinion for me to post?

When you come and say this, he’s a scumbag but still does a lot of good for our country, I respect you.
Nobody disagrees with the scumbag part.

But when others are so anti Trump, that they can’t even see through to the truth, and they just attack him and his supporters with such a small mind, it comes across so bad. So bad.
And so dishonest.
If only they’d realize.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 12:39 pm
amother wrote:
I agree. That's why I'm so confused why all the lib/dem/Hollywood elitist celebs let Havey Weinstien get away with actual rape for so many women for *decades* as well as actual rape of actual kids for *decades* in Hollywood. It's confusing why that matters LESS than Trump's consensual affair 12 years ago.
Also confusing is when Juanita Broderick claimed Clinton actually raped her, the "party that cares so much about women" dismissed her claims, calling her a wh*ore, destroying her life and completely not believing her, but when an actual wh*re claims she had a consensual relationship with Trump, everyone rolls out the red carpet to hear what she has to say. So basically, a Republican cannot have consensual s*x with a woman, but a Democrat can actually rape a woman. Got it. I see now how much his treatment of women bothers you. So much that you ignore the far worse treatment by dem/lib/hollywood.

This post is so true. I wish I was able to articulate as good.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 12:45 pm
leah233 wrote:
This attitude which is common among liberals epitomizes why even though I did NOT vote for Trump I'm happy he won.

Same here! It is extremely bigotted to think that anybody who is pro Trump is ignorant or uninformed!!! All this noise about an affair of Trump is their latest attempt to get him out of office because we FINALLY have a president with the nerve to get things done and not care one bit about politics..ppl say any Republican is racist etc etc just because they can't stand that someone actually wants to get things done and make the country a real democracy!!

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 12:47 pm
amother wrote:
When you come and say this, he’s a scumbag but still does a lot of good for our country, I respect you.
Nobody disagrees with the scumbag part.

But when others are so anti Trump, that they can’t even see through to the truth, and they just attack him and his supporters with such a small mind, it comes across so bad. So bad.
And so dishonest.
If only they’d realize.

Actually, I do disgagre with the scumbag part. He is an honorable person with issues . Everybody has issues and that doesn't make them scumbags!

Optimystic

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 12:55 pm
I have read the thread now and want to add that there is a difference between voting for someone to block a worse alternative and continuing to support that candidate even the very next day let alone a year later.

Given Mr. Trump's obvious character deficiencies, (not to mention Secretary Clinton's unsuitability), Republicans should have been laying the groundwork for impeachment even before election day, regardless of who won. Governor Pence would have made a fine president.

Mr. Trump has alienated our allies and aided our enemies through sheer incompetence. Even his accomplishments (nominating Gorsuch and moving the U.S. embassy is all I can think of) are tainted by his character defects and general lack of credibility.

I am afraid the Republican Party has done itself permanent damage by not taking a stand against him. Nothing empowers the opposition like an epically bad leader. Thanks to a complete lack of moral leadership by most top Republicans, I am afraid we will see Democratic control for decades to come just as we did in the 1930s and 40s. :(
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics