Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dress for short overweight woman???

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 12:02 pm
I am 5 ft tall and 15 lbs overweight

Since I’m so short and have a bulge over my stomach I need to conceal my weight and work very hard to do that. I also have fat thighs ...

Dresses don’t look nice on me at all-
Wherever I go that’s what I see.,

Is it possible for me to wear a dress and look good??
Any ideas/links?

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 4:12 pm
Me too. Only buy sheath style dresses. I usually buy mine from Zullily but I don't know if they have any right now.

Don't get a shift dress. It is more fitted. A bodycon dress is very fitted. Don't get that either.

Go to Zullily.com. Type in Sheath dress in search box. Limit the sizes to xl-16 or 18 (or whatever your size). You have to sign up. It's worth it. Every February I buy 2 new sheath dresses for $25 each and add material for the slit or the length as needed.

Read the item description. If the dress 42 inches then you don't need to add material. You decide what looks good for you. If the dress is only 37 inches then don't buy it.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 4:16 pm
dress barn has just the type of clothes, dresses your looking for. I have the same issue as you and it sounds almost like I wrote the op. I find their stuff really good. and cheap

Teomima

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 4:19 pm
A-line dresses. Something a little fitted (but not tight) on top but that flares out, ideally with tulle. Looks amazing on my short, fat body. The skirt hides the belly budge and legs.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 4:43 pm
its hot outside and tull is not too good for that. go to dress barn website you will see alot of stuff for plus sizes.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 4:44 pm
Idk if it's possible to find anything. Im small ontop and thighs down, but my stomach and bottom are big. Sometimes draped or wrap dresses look ok, but I haven't found any dresses this season that I look good in.
Good luck op, will follow for links & ideas.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 5:38 pm
Said it before, will say it again:

eshakti.com

I bought two large orders from them and get compliments wherever I go. I'm more than 15 pounds overweight and short... And I have STUNNING custom made dresses. Totally recommend their site.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics