Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Therapy Schools?

momtra

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 10:38 pm
My dd who is 10 is experiencing severe emotional challenges this year. She was diagnosed with DMDD, is in therapy and a host of medicines. She is in a regular main stream yeshiva now and they are thankfully really partnering with us to help her function in school. ( she has lied, stolen etc.) We need to be realistic moving forward and see if there is any therapeutic type of school in the NY/NJ are that we should be looking into potentially for next year.

Any leads?

STMommy

Post Mon, Apr 23 2018, 9:31 am
Do you want names of schools that are state-approved to be paid for by the CSE or schools you would be funding privately?

gribzoid

Post Mon, Apr 23 2018, 2:18 pm
Are you in New York State? Regardless of where you live, you should start out by seeing an educational lawyer who can guide you. Educational lawyers are familiar with all the schools and can make a recommendation. If you are in New York, I recommend Regina Skyer. My daughter attended the Stevenson school which is located on West 74th Street and Central Park West. The school starts in 6th grade.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)