Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Do I need a visa to visit Prague?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 2:09 am
I will be going to Antwerp and from there to Prague for a couple of days with an american passport. Do I need a visa?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 2:16 am
Update: Just called Chabad and they told me I don't need one! Thank you Chabad Of Prague Wink

doctorima

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 4:03 am
Nothing against Chabad, but questions like these aren't meant for your LOR (or not so local), but for the US State Department.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 5:20 am
OP, ask your travel agent.

veiznisht

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 6:06 am
doctorima wrote:
Nothing against Chabad, but questions like these aren't meant for your LOR (or not so local), but for the US State Department.

This question isn't that complicated. Prague is located in the Czech Republic which is apart of the EU Schengen area. This means no tourist visa is required for an America traveling there like all Schengen countries(which covers most of the EU). This is easily google-able.

Enjoy your trip!

doctorima

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 6:28 am
veiznisht wrote:
This question isn't that complicated. Prague is located in the Czech Republic which is apart of the EU Schengen area. This means no tourist visa is required for an America traveling there like all Schengen countries(which covers most of the EU). This is easily google-able.

I agree that it's a straightforward question and I also knew the answer. The answer OP received is correct. My point was that whenever there's a doubt on an issue like this with such potential ramifications, check with the professionals.

Just like we advise some posters to LOR or check with your doctor, once you're asking this question, make sure you ask it to the appropriate authorities, not the local Chabad (or any other local Rabbi).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics