Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Which phone next? Also, what bluetooth earpiece?

seeker

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 5:00 pm
I'm on Verizon due to joining a family plan.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini that I bought on ebay a couple of years ago. I'm satisfied with it. I like the small size - I have small hands and I like to keep the phone in my pocket most of the time. Which might be why it tends to fall more often than it likes, which might be why I need a replacement after just 2 years. Anyway I loved it until it crashed or something and I reset it and now I continue to like it but it's sometimes slow and has frozen or crashed apps on occasion. But that was a while ago and I was thankful for its second life.

But I think it's been dropped a few times too many because the last couple of weeks I'm getting a lot of complaints that people can't hear me. I hear fine. I think I could get more life out of my phone by using a bluetooth device, so I'd like suggestions of what device pairs well with an older Samsung phone, works well, isn't too expensive, and is reasonably comfortable.

But also, I see the end is in sight and am wondering what I should do next. As much as I like my little phone I'm not sure it makes sense to go back to such an old model again. I would love an updated camera, and I sometimes bump into app upgrades that won't work with my OS (not a dealbreaker because I try to mostly use my phone as a phone, but it's just another sign that this is not the phone of the future).

I'd like to look in the $50 range and to get there I'm ready to shop used/refurbished (which is what I did last time and was very satisfied, I consider it my own fault the phone is even dying now because I was too vain to keep it in the case - what's the point of a mini phone if you're going to add bulk - and I dropped it a LOT)

kiryat sefer

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 6:40 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Plantro.....TAMG8
I bought it for my cousin she loves it.
As for the phone J7 is good but take the 13 mp phone

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 1:54 am
Isn't the whole J series considered junky? Definitely a LOT cheaper than the S phones...

jflower

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 7:53 am
Another vote for the Plantronics Explorer 50 which works flawlessly with my galaxy s4. The battery lasts a few days and when you turn it on, a voice tells you how many hours are left on the charge.

It's a few dollars less from this ebay seller https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-P.....Class!

Sorry don't know anything about the J series.

Coke Slurpee

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 8:44 am
I have the j7. I really like it. I've had for almost 2 years and it just started going on me, but I hope it will last a little longer, as I have just one more payment left.

As for Bluetooth, I usually get the Plantronics one that goes in the ear. I find the over the ear ones uncomfortable especially as I wear glasses. There is a Bluetooth, I'm not sure which one, that has a feature where you can pick up or reject a phone call with voice. I would definitely get that one next time, as the feature is really useful when cooking, doing dishes, driving, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars