Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Is it not appropriate to ask dd's teacher this?
Previous  1  2

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 4:49 am
erm wrote:
I have tried to fix up my children's teachers. I would ask them directly if they are comfortable about it and if not, who should I speak to instead. They were all appreciative. Remember, at the end of the day, they are just regular people who are waiting for someone to think about them. Shidduchim is not an easy time for anyone.

OP, I tend to agree on this one.
The teacher is an adult and not a school girl and therefore I find it should be directly. Let the teacher be the one who decides, either directly with her or her mother. Whatever she decides will be the right choice.

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 6:33 am
It depends on your relationship. I feel I have a friendly rapport with DD's teachers and would feel comfortable asking. But you shouldn't presume - don't jump in and ask for a resume; rather, start by asking if she would be interested in hearing a shidduch. And only if she says yes then you ask what she's looking for and whether you should contact her or someone else to follow up.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette