Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Is Ebates all it's cracked up to be?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 3:21 pm
Anyone who shops on Ebates- have you seen real savings- in terms of cashback?
Any hidden drawback/fees etc.?
What do you like or dislike about Ebates and would you recommend to shop through this program?

Thanks for any info!

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 3:24 pm
No drawbacks. I love it.
It's very easy to use.
I don't save lots of money, but every penny saved is a penny earned! Why not save an extra few dollars if it's so easy?

rgr

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 3:27 pm
Yup! I use it all the time. The biggest returns are obviously when you buy more expensive items, but it's not complicated to use even for cheaper things.

There are other sites that do cash back too. You can Google Top Cash Back to see which site has the biggest cash back at any time.

If you are thinking about joining anyway, it would be really nice if you can do so using my link. Very Happy

ebates.com/r/ROCHEL5020

Last edited by rgr on Wed, Apr 25 2018, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 3:28 pm
No hidden drawbacks or fees.
It’s installed in my browser so I don’t need or remember to log on to neatest each time I wanna to use it. I’m using it for a few years.

rgr

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 3:34 pm
Also cash back from ebates added to cash back from credit cards together is a nice savings

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 3:41 pm
Thanks for the quick responses! Very Happy
So seems like a win-win thing. Does anyone know how this work? Obviously they are not in the business of distributing money.. so where does this money come from and how do they make money from it?

rgr

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 3:54 pm
It works by affiliate links.

For example Target wants people to shop on their website, so they will pay Ebates for every person that's directed to Target through their website.

Ebates will pass some of that money to you to get you to come thru them.

This is how many deal websites make money. They have an affiliate link to websites they post on their site. Every time you buy using their link, the deal website makes money

monseymom25

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 3:55 pm
No drawbacks. I love it.I think they receive a commission from the vendor and you get part of that. So if childrens place gives them a 4% commission and they give you 2 % everyone wins.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 3:55 pm
There are other similar cash back sites. Before making a purchase, I compare the cash back percentage at each one to see which one will give the highest cashback amount.
If you make a $100 clothing purchase online and go through Ebates (or similar) and get 5% back, I think it's pretty significant to get back $5 on a purchase you're making anyway!

If you'd like to try it, please use my referral link: https://go.ebat.es/yor9jVL0OL

You can also pm me for referral links to other similar similar sites. Check out ShopAtHome and Upromise.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 4:20 pm
I have received about $1,200 in cashback since 2008.

Moonlight

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 6:02 pm
I have also made significant savings with ebates

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 6:34 pm
cnc wrote:
No hidden drawbacks or fees.
It’s installed in my browser so I don’t need or remember to log on to neatest each time I wanna to use it. I’m using it for a few years.

how do you do this?

happyone

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 7:41 pm
amother wrote:
how do you do this?

Www.ebates.com/r/BABIES301

Click on the link. It's real . I earned almost 700 dollars in past year .

Last edited by happyone on Wed, Apr 25 2018, 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 7:51 pm
happyone wrote:
ebates.com/r/BABIES301

Click on the link. It's real . I earned almost 700 dollars in past year .

thanks, but not what I meant. How do you set it up so that automatically, it goes to ebates?

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 8:07 pm
amother wrote:
thanks, but not what I meant. How do you set it up so that automatically, it goes to ebates?

https://www.ebates.com/button.htm

happyone

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 8:08 pm
You get the app on your desktop and check automatically add. It will pop up to click on during purchases

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 8:12 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone who shops on Ebates- have you seen real savings- in terms of cashback?
Any hidden drawback/fees etc.?
What do you like or dislike about Ebates and would you recommend to shop through this program?

Thanks for any info!

not so hidden drawbacks are

1) your buying habits are tracked
2) If you are diligent, you limit yourself to stores that ebates works with to 'maximize' your savings, so you loose the feeling of being able to shop where-ever you want.
3) you get lured into buying things because 'shop x' has bonus cash back this week... when you really didn't need anything from shop x.

Personally - I used it once. someone gave me a tip that a I could get my over-the-top expensive stroller at a store that was offering a very nice cashback. I was going to buy the stroller regardless. I got a nice discount on this this way. (I've heard that subsequently this wasn't available)

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 8:43 pm
I love ebates

dassdass

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 11:39 pm
Ebates is a moderately good cash back site however it is certainely not the best.I recommend couponcabin over it as it offers more exclusive deals and bonus cash.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics