Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Anonymous posts
Previous  1  2

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 1:36 pm
leah233 wrote:
I take things a lot less seriously ( particularly claims of personal experiences)when they are anonymous.

If anything, personal experiences are a primary reason for anonymity. If anyone recognizes the details, it can out a screenname/person quite easily.

imasinger

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 2:48 pm
I think posting openly, for anything but private matters, is a good thing.

I find when I post anonymously, people are more likely to misunderstand my point or my tone.

Because I try to be calm and kind, when I post under my s/n, people are more likely to offer the benefit of the doubt if I have said something that could be interpreted negatively.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 3:36 pm
imasinger wrote:

I find when I post anonymously, people are more likely to misunderstand my point or my tone.

Because I try to be calm and kind, when I post under my s/n, people are more likely to offer the benefit of the doubt if I have said something that could be interpreted negatively.

Thats just my point!
Why are people more receptive to what you have to say?
Is it possible because they feel the “know you” based off of your other posts?
I dont know... I love the anonymity of it.
I love that I can say things about my marriage, mothering, life... that definitely dont fit into my “type” in the real world. And honestly, im enjoying that im not a “type” in the imamaother world.
I’ll continue to be anonymous

InnerMe

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 3:46 pm
imasinger wrote:

I agree imasinger.

InnerMe

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 3:51 pm
amother wrote:
Thats just my point!
Why are people more receptive to what you have to say?
Is it possible because they feel the “know you” based off of your other posts?
I dont know... I love the anonymity of it.
I love that I can say things about my marriage, mothering, life... that definitely dont fit into my “type” in the real world. And honestly, im enjoying that im not a “type” in the imamaother world.
I’ll continue to be anonymous

Because I feel like I "know" more Imasinger than a random Ima poster. Yes based on her so many posts that are kind, caring, wise and down to earth. So yes, my ears perk up more when Imasinger posts some advice, then when an anon Ima does.

That doesn't mean I disregard their post, but it does mean that Imasingers posts holds more weight for me than them.

Everyone can choose to be anon. I feel like I gain so much more when I "own" my posts by doing it under my sn. It creates a more real and, as seeker said, social experience. But if you feel otherwise and you'd rather be anon, fine with me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette