Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Best interactive book for a 17 month old

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 12:18 pm
I usually read a bedtime book to my children while my 17 month old walks around wrecking the place lately he's been getting frustrated because when I read to them he wants a book to so I gave him one of my board books with flaps that my other kids loved. He just likes to flip the pages. Unfortunately he's Not too good at it yet. When I try showing him pictures he's not interested. There is one cloth book that. I have that makes a crunchy sound that help actually look at while feeling it and crunch it. But the pictures are bugs and he doesn't really relate to it. I'll singthe it's bitsy spider but he doesn't see the connection to the picture I'm looking for something similar with pictures of more everyday items, or cars he also loves. Also Looking for other books that could grab his attention. Does your baby love looking at books what's her favorite

pesek zman

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 12:28 pm
At that age my baby enjoyed being read to. He can't sit and listen to you read?

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 12:36 pm
No he grabs the book he just like turning pages

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 5:23 pm
Take him to the library and pay attention to what types of books catch his eye - books with bright colors in the drawings? With real pictures of other babies? Books on certain topics? Books with flaps? Books with animals? Books with trucks?

One thing my daughter loved were personalized books - not the expensive kind yo uhave to order, but ones where you just slip in a picture of the child in the back cover and then they appear on every page through a cut out. My daughter just couldn't get enough of herself Smile

We also had some kind of kiddy photo album, with pics of the family to look at. It was soft and squishy and protected the pictures well.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar is nice too, something about the holes in the pages catches some kids' attention at that age.

Ten Little Ladybugs - the ladybugs stick out, and there are less on every page so fun to feel and look at.

Slide and See books are good, or other books with sliders (less destructible than flaps).

Books that have different textures to feel on every page - like Pat the Bunny and lots of other ones.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics