Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Defrosting quickly and only using some of the meat?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 9:46 am
I meant to defrost meat in the fridge but somehow it ended up in a different freezer instead so now I have this very large package of frozen solid "cholent meat". I don't even want to use the whole package because it's over 2 lbs worth. Is there any way for me to be able to use some for this weeks cholent? What can I do with the rest? I'm assuming I won't be able to refreeze the rest Sad Using this type of meat was an "experiment" to begin with- I've been using brisket before because that's what I was able to get in bulk.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 10:16 am
amother wrote:
I meant to defrost meat in the fridge but somehow it ended up in a different freezer instead so now I have this very large package of frozen solid "cholent meat". I don't even want to use the whole package because it's over 2 lbs worth. Is there any way for me to be able to use some for this weeks cholent? What can I do with the rest? I'm assuming I won't be able to refreeze the rest Sad Using this type of meat was an "experiment" to begin with- I've been using brisket before because that's what I was able to get in bulk.

Thaw it slightly, just enough to break apart the chunks of meat to be able to portion it out. Then put the parts that are still very frozen back in the freezer, while you continue defrosting what you need now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen