Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Highchairs

MrsLeo

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 8:31 pm
I need help picking a highchair for my baby.
Any suggestions or tips?

anon

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 8:39 pm
You need to give us a price range.

I love my Chicco Polly Highchair. I got it on Amazon for around $100, no tax and free shipping.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 10:06 pm
I have a chicco - the best highchair around! Also, friends of mine have it too.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 8:52 am
I have the evenflo expressions- great if you don't need a space saving high chair. I leave mine open all the time. $60 at babies r us. I found it useful on tsha bav- you can lower the seat almost to the ground so you can sit low while feeding.

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 9:00 am
best tip ... after you get the one you want ... call the company and order another table ... that's what I did ... and I never regretted ... milky and meaty ...

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 9:07 am
the evenflo comes with a separate insert- I use the tray for milchig, insert for fleishig. but it is nice to have another tray for pesach.

MrsLeo

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 10:42 am
Thanx everyone for answering.
My price range is basically anything under $100.
Size is important cuz I have a tiny kitchen so the smaller the better.
Some of you mentioned the Chicco, is it good for a 3 month old or does the child have to be able to sit up by themselves?

MrsLeo

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 10:51 am
Can anyone tell me anything about the Evenflo Majestic High Chair? I like the fact that it has storage in the back. Are there any other high chairs that also have the storage in the back?

chaylizi

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 10:58 am
I have the Fisher-Price Healthy Care High Chair. There are 3 versions ranging in price btw $50-100. There are 7 height level adjustments. There is a tray and an insert to go inside the tray and it goes in the dishwasher too. After my first baby- I went to the website & bought and exta pad, straps & trays for cheap. I like it lots- oh also it reclines & is okay for a child that doesn't sit up on his own. Also the Chicco Polly is well over $100.

anon

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 3:41 pm
chanaroch wrote:
Also the Chicco Polly is well over $100.

When I bought my chicco polly (a few weeks ago) you were able to buy it on amazon for about $100 tax free (and free shipping).

cip

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 8:16 pm
don't get the peg perego prima. it's very hard to clean once your child grows up and eating becomes messier. anything with a padding can end up sticky underneath when your child spills juice or shmushes their oatmeal and yogurt and then you need to remove the padding and wipe all sides after every meal (they usually eat more then 3 meals a day). the best is the solid wood ones with a small base. although not as comfy but I would not recomend any high chair for a child that can not sit on own yet.

anon

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 6:53 am
The baby does not have to sit on his own for the Chicco because it reclines (the same goes for other reclining highchairs). But yes, the wooden highchairs are only for babies who are already sitting. Though I can't imagine that it would be comfortable without the padding.

Mommy3.5

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:11 pm
this is a good one. cheap and space saving, and it reclines!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....DEW8N

justanothermother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:29 pm
I hated cleaning highchairs with all their crevices. By #3 we went right to a booster seat. If only I had tried that sooner.

I have not missed having a high chair at all.

pinktichel

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 10:19 pm
I have the one provided in Mommy3.5's link. I love it!! It also converts into a booster seat. My 2 yr old nephew (he's quite chubby) sits in it comfortably and so does my 10 mnth old.

I definitely recommend it.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 5:09 am
You know, it's funny you should mention this, MrsLeo.

I was just telling DH that in a couple months, we're going to start the baby on solids and a nice Chanukah present from one set of grandparents would be a high chair.

YALT

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 5:47 am
I have the Graco Harmony. I love it.
It raises & lowers to dif. heights (going low enough for tish'a b'av feedings)
It reclines to 4 positions (good for younger babies as well)
No cracks & crevices (all rounded corners & edges for easy cleanup)
pad is wipe-off and machine washable
folds for storage (although never made use of that yet)
3/5-point harness with easy 1-hand open
handlebar in back to hold bibs
1/2-hand tray removal
bar in front has cup holder and place for fingerfoods (and is removable for easy cleaning)
tray has clip-on insert (some use main & clip-on for milk&meat. Others say problem cuz: space for cup is only on bottom tray. You decide.)
on wheels lets you move it from kitchen to dining room... wheels have button to stop it from moving.

I love it. My friends love it. I got it in walmart (they shipped it) Price is $70.

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 7:41 am
I also have the fisher price space saver and I LOVE it!

it reclines for when baby cant sit up properly, sits up straight and then turns into a booster seat when u are ready.

MrsLeo

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 11:14 am
Kmelion wrote:
You know, it's funny you should mention this, MrsLeo.

I was just telling DH that in a couple months, we're going to start the baby on solids and a nice Chanukah present from one set of grandparents would be a high chair.

Our babies are just about the same age so its no surprise that we're thinking of buying highchairs at the same time.

Clarissa

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 1:03 pm
I'm really happy with my Chicco highchair. They no longer make this model, but it's probably pretty similar to the Polly. It's so user-friendly, easy to adjust as far as height and recline, and really easy to clean. It's also more attractive, in our opinion, than some of them are out there, so it doesn't look bad in our living room/dining room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics