Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Materna Stage 1 from birth?

silbergirl

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 3:52 am
I BH have a 3 week old baby. She has been fed with a probiotic pre formula so far that is kosher but not chalav yisrael.
She is suffering a lot of colic lately and we are thinking of switching her to a different type of formula (also because it is better to feed CY).
What is available in my place is the Israeli Materna Stage 1. They claim it is suitable from birth but I read that it is better to give pre milk until 3-4 months of age because 1 milk has starch such small babies have a hard time breaking down.
There is no Materna pre milk available.

Can I feed her the 1? She is exclusively bottle-fed. I do not nurse.

BadTichelDay

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 7:02 am
First of all, Mazal Tov! As long as she's healthy and has no weight or digestive issues, I'd think it's okay. One of my children was fed from birth onward with Materna Stage 1 (plus minimal amounts of mother's milk during the first 4 weeks, after that only Materna) - he was perfectly fine with it. Another child of mine got Similac from birth, also no problems. I don't remember if the Similac was Chalav Israel or not, the Materna was Chalav Israel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics