Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Xsual abuse of girls/children
Previous  1  2  3

crust

Post Sat, Apr 28 2018, 9:24 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. I'm still worried about this and was wondering if anyone had advice on what to do. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced the story is true. Because as you can see with the details I posted, while it's been reported, there is no knowing if the abusers will ever be caught, what would you do? Should I be warning mums with daughters about this? This is a small community so chances are some of us have kids who interact with those men.

I never thought this isn't true but for heaven's sake you don't know who these men are or at least if they ever lived or still live in your community. So how are you going to warn parents?
I think you need some more concrete info before spreading something like this. Unless you just want to do a general reminder to parents that abuse exists.

ROFL

Post Sat, Apr 28 2018, 10:30 pm
I think you and your community should make a concerted effort to talk to children about their bodies and what is private and what is abuse. Also the need to report when they feel uncomfortable about situation that they feel are beyond their understanding. Parents should be educated to really listen to their children and hear and respect their kids.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 4:06 am
crust wrote:
I never thought this isn't true but for heaven's sake you don't know who these men are or at least if they ever lived or still live in your community. So how are you going to warn parents?
I think you need some more concrete info before spreading something like this. Unless you just want to do a general reminder to parents that abuse exists.

The girl made it very clear they are from my community and live here currently but gave no info. So if what she says is true then I do know that they do.
Can you see my point now? It is potentially a dangerous situation for any other girls around. Even if there is a chance my info is false I'd rather do something now than just wait for the next girl to get abused.

lifesagift

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 9:44 am
I'd be freaked out if several girls in the community got raped once. 1 girl got raped several times by different random ppl.. just cant wrap my puny brain around it

Chanale1

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 3:39 pm
lifesagift wrote:
I'd be freaked out if several girls in the community got raped once. 1 girl got raped several times by different random ppl.. just cant wrap my puny brain around it

That's a common pattern of abuse (repeated abuse and by several people where the victim is scared into not telling: way easier than always finding a new victim).
I don't get what there is not to get. Abuse does happen. It just seems like it's hard for people to take it seriously in this forum for some reason.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics