Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
I need help where to move

Beingreal

Post Sat, Apr 28 2018, 10:47 pm
After much duscussion between myself and my dh and our Rav, we need to move. The reasons are where we live is that we are not makibg it financially. My dh is unhappy with his job and I can't get a job or have friends. The Rav suggested Cleveland but my dh is not so sure he will fit in since we have been there a few times to visit my sister.

I am looking for a warm out of town younger community with cheaper housing and that we can affird school tuition. Can you help me?

5mom

Post Sat, Apr 28 2018, 10:50 pm
So sorry you're having trouble. I think if the main issue is financial, then your main consideration in moving should be where you can get jobs with salaries that match the cost of living.

L25

Post Sat, Apr 28 2018, 11:17 pm
I would suggest you reaching out to different communities and see if they will have jobs for you in your field/s and if the salary/ies you would be earning would be feasible to support a family in same community.

Cleveland has low cost of living but I also don't think it has the best job market.

doctorima

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 9:12 pm
Options to look into would be Cincinnati, NE Philly, Rochester, and South Bend - good luck!

TeachersNotebook

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 10:50 pm
What fields of work are you guys in?

We moved to Northeast Philadelphia last year for just these reasons. We were looking for an affordable community, and this is one of the most affordable on the East coast. Houses are in the 200-300 range, with lower property tax than NJ and NY. The government offers tuition vouchers and the community is completely unpretentious. Everyone here is so so welcoming and friendly - we are really happy with the move. Feel free to ask me questions or pm me for more info.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics