Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Etsy question

cbs880

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 1:03 am
I'm posting this question for the Etsy mavens out there.
I used to do graphic design. A client of mine ( also a family friend) asked me a while back to edit his grandparents ketubah for his son's wedding. Basically it was handmade traditional sefardic ketubah with lots of symbolisms.I used graphic tools to touch it up and erase the old text and inserted new text that they used for the ketubah. Worked out beautifully.
This client recently contacted me to find out if I would be interested in working together with them. They want to post this ketubah background, and have customized text placed inside (exactly what I did for their sons wedding). They want me to do the graphic work if orders would come in...
So here is my question. The person who designed the ketubah is obviously no longer alive. ( It was hand drawn) There is no signature on it. Does Etsy allow reselling it, customized? I tried asking them but their answer was cut and pasted off the FAQ page so didn't really make sense.
I thought Etsy was only for selling items that you made yourself.can anyone here clarify?

cbs880

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 11:51 pm
Bump.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 12:30 am
cbs880 wrote:
I'm posting this question for the Etsy mavens out there.
I used to do graphic design. A client of mine ( also a family friend) asked me a while back to edit his grandparents ketubah for his son's wedding. Basically it was handmade traditional sefardic ketubah with lots of symbolisms.I used graphic tools to touch it up and erase the old text and inserted new text that they used for the ketubah. Worked out beautifully.
This client recently contacted me to find out if I would be interested in working together with them. They want to post this ketubah background, and have customized text placed inside (exactly what I did for their sons wedding). They want me to do the graphic work if orders would come in...
So here is my question. The person who designed the ketubah is obviously no longer alive. ( It was hand drawn) There is no signature on it. Does Etsy allow reselling it, customized? I tried asking them but their answer was cut and pasted off the FAQ page so didn't really make sense.
I thought Etsy was only for selling items that you made yourself.can anyone here clarify?

No its not.

Vintage items may be sold on Etsy. I think what are are describing is customizing a vintage item.

On the face of it - doesn't appear to be problematic.

I'm not commenting on the relationship between you and the owners of the original image.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics