Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
JWSS and/or NaNoWriMo

GramaNewYork

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 2:55 am
I am baffled as to why there are almost no references to NaNoWriMo. Is it because you don't have the time in November to write, you have no interest in writing a novel, or because you've never heard of it?

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 8:34 am
Maybe its because serious writers know nanowrimo is ridiculous. Nothing wuality comes from that sort of speed writing.

GramaNewYork

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 9:07 am
I know at least one author personally who published as a result of her participation in NaNoWriMo and I've read at least one novel, years ago, started during the NaNoWriMo program (The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern). I agree with the philosophy that you cannot edit a novel that has not been written. One can spend as much [serious] time as needed editing after the purely creative flow in November. Thanks for your input.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 9:14 am
I have little interest because I have a family and children who would lose out tremendously if I ignored them for a month to write all day. I am writing a novel and it's taken me about a year so far and I'm not more than halfway done but there's still work to do. These things take time.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 12:20 pm
I've done NaNoWriMo for a few years, completed it once, and have produced several first drafts that we're eventually published, or have evolved into something else that was published.

I like it because it pushes me to turn off my inner editor and critic and just get it out, and I can go clean up the mess later. But it is challenging commitment wise - November is just not great timing for me.

I do know other writers that use NaNoWriMo the same way I do.

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 9:34 am
Is 1,600 words a day about an hour or two of non-stop writing? Of course, to stay on track at that rate, you'd have to write on Fridays and on Saturday night.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club