Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
BP Weekly vs. Voice of Lakewood

Which do you look at more?
BP Weekly  
 20%  [ 6 ]
The Voice of Lakewood  
 62%  [ 18 ]
Other (please comment)  
 17%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 29

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 3:00 pm
Study Another poll...which do you look at more? Study

ETA: This is specifically about ads. In which paper do you notice an ad more?

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 3:08 pm
The two papers are not comparable. I read The Voice for the articles (they have the best articles of any paper, IMHO), and I read the BP to find out grocery sales, clothing sales, job listings, etc. I read the Voice on Shabbos.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 3:10 pm
I like the voice way more.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 3:10 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
The two papers are not comparable. I read The Voice for the articles (they have the best articles of any paper, IMHO), and I read the BP to find out grocery sales, clothing sales, job listings, etc. I read the Voice on Shabbos.

I'm asking in general which you look at more. Are you saying you look at both equally?

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 3:12 pm
I should clarify: I'm asking specifically about the ads. Which paper do you tend to look at more in terms of ads? In which one would you notice an ad more?

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 3:19 pm
Oh - for ads - well the BP doesn't have any articles, so if I'm picking it up, I'm specifically looking for ads Smile.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 3:21 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Oh - for ads - well the BP doesn't have any articles, so if I'm picking it up, I'm specifically looking for ads Smile.

Makes sense! I guess that means you look at them both equally, then? In other words, you'll pick up both every week and look through?

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 3:27 pm
amother wrote:
Makes sense! I guess that means you look at them both equally, then? In other words, you'll pick up both every week and look through?

If the question was directed at me - I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't read the BP every week. I only look at it if I decided I'm going shopping that week and I want to see where the sales are. I read the Voice from cover to cover every week, but I don't necessarily look at the ads. Does that make sense?

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 3:57 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
If the question was directed at me - I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't read the BP every week. I only look at it if I decided I'm going shopping that week and I want to see where the sales are. I read the Voice from cover to cover every week, but I don't necessarily look at the ads. Does that make sense?

Yes, thanks!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 3:59 pm
I would say that in general, I look at ads in the BP more.

However, when I was house-hunting, I checked the real-estate sections of both, equally.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 4:39 pm
I “read” the BP specifically for the sales. It’s the type of thing I flip through when I eat my cereal in the morning.

The Voice is more a shabbos afternoon thing when I’m out for the articles, not the adds.

The BPs pricing is cheaper too.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 8:26 pm
I wrote other because I read the shoppers family room most often... Bp mostly goes straight in the garbage unless I'm looking for something specific and voice I like but it's too cumbersome. when I do read it which is every few weeks now that's I'm not hooked on their serials I don't notice the ads much.... The family room l basically read each week and check out the ads cuz there aren't as many...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room