Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
The Handmaids Tale- can you spoil it for me?

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 12:20 pm
So I watched the first episode (and besides for not being so appropriate) it was so scary I literally got nightmares. I don’t know why, I usually love violence and drama but this was a bit much. DH couldn’t even look and asked me to watch with earphones.

Can someone please spoil the rest for me? I’m too scared to watch the rest but I have to say I’m realllly curious. I read the books synopsis and since it was written in the 80s I’m sure the movie is different. Also, the book ended with a cliffhanger.

And for anyone who is curious now to watch it, please don’t.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 12:23 pm
I only watched season 1 so I opened this thread with great trepidation and will probably not be back because I don't want it spoiled.

Maybe watch it on mute with subtitles? Sometimes sound really plays into fear. It's definitely crazy though.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 12:35 pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....Tale_(TV_series)

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 1:24 pm
amother wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handmaid%27s_Tale_(TV_series)

Thanks. This is what I read but it’s from the book, not movie.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 1:26 pm
WhatFor wrote:
I only watched season 1 so I opened this thread with great trepidation and will probably not be back because I don't want it spoiled.

Maybe watch it on mute with subtitles? Sometimes sound really plays into fear. It's definitely crazy though.

Sorry!

It’s a good idea, I might just try that- if no one can help me first!

What happens in the rest of season 1?

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 2:32 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks. This is what I read but it’s from the book, not movie.

Copy and paste the full link.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 2:52 pm
I enjoyed the book but couldn’t get past the first few episodes of the show.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 3:06 pm
season 1 pretty much follows the book, maybe with some added stuff. Season 2 appears to take up where the book ends and as well as following Offred's story begins following another one of the handmaids.

From what I recall: June encounters her friend (can't remember name but shes the black girl who is also in orange is the new black) in some type of weird nightclub/brothel that her "husband" takes her to. (he starts playing games with her each evening) I think her friend manages to escape to canada but I can't remember how.

Lots of other stuff happens in season 1 but its a while since I watched/read it...can't remember what is in the book and the show. A handmaid gets pregnant, has a baby and then goes nuts when she is to be sent away to another family leaving her baby behind. The other handmaids all refuse to stone her and get into big trouble. Offreds mistress thinks her husband is infertile so encourages her to use one of the male servants as a sperm donor. June/offred gets caught up in the revolution.

Lots of flashbacks to how this whole thing started.

anon for this

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 3:26 pm
amother wrote:
season 1 pretty much follows the book, maybe with some added stuff. Season 2 appears to take up where the book ends and as well as following Offred's story begins following another one of the handmaids.

From what I recall: June encounters her friend (can't remember name but shes the black girl who is also in orange is the new black) in some type of weird nightclub/brothel that her "husband" takes her to. (he starts playing games with her each evening) I think her friend manages to escape to canada but I can't remember how.

Lots of other stuff happens in season 1 but its a while since I watched/read it...can't remember what is in the book and the show. A handmaid gets pregnant, has a baby and then goes nuts when she is to be sent away to another family leaving her baby behind. The other handmaids all refuse to stone her and get into big trouble. Offreds mistress thinks her husband is infertile so encourages her to use one of the male servants as a sperm donor. June/offred gets caught up in the revolution.

I haven't seen the show but am pretty sure this happened in the book, where Offred meets Moira.

return2You

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 6:06 pm
Season 2 episode one starts off very very gruesome. Like holocaust kind gruesome. Just giving you a warning.

But I’m also finding it very thought provoking

cinnamon

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 6:51 am
amother wrote:
I enjoyed the book but couldn’t get past the first few episodes of the show.

Me to! Though I wouldn't say "enjoyed" It kinda messed me up for a while. Maybe I was to younge for it...
I'm thinking about giving the show another try.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 10:31 am
amother wrote:

All this, and June’s husband makes it to Canada, as does Moira ultimately and Moira meets him when she arrives.

Hannah, June’s daughter, is living somewhere in Gilead, but June doesn’t know where. June’s mistress does know where she is.

June and Nick have a secret fling, aside from the time that June’s mistress arranges for them to have s-x, and June ends up pregnant. June escapes but her future is uncertain.

imasoftov

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 9:41 am
amother wrote:
Can someone please spoil the rest for me?

Aunt Lydia gets appointed press secretary and brings her electric cattle prod to the White House Correspondents' Dinner. Some women are hanged for having abortions. To prevent an incel uprising, a limited number of handmaids after they've stopped being fertile are made available to unmarried lower-status men.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics