Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How to become a foodblogger?

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 11:32 am
Im posting in this section because I want to remain anonymous.
I'm a full-time working mom of a few kids that has a lifelong dream to become a floodblogger. If I say so myself my food is really delicious. For all you floodblogger out there: how did you start? Please help my dream become a reality!
I think I have two disadvantages, please correct me if I'm wrong and if I should put my dreams to rest:
I'm not from the US so collaborating with all those people isn't possible.
Money is tight so I can't really afford to buy all those fancy props and fancy ingredients.
Am I right?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 11:38 am
You don't need fancy props, and most people don't appreciate fancy ingredients. They want tasty food with ingredients that can be found in any supermarket.

The number one rule of being a food blogger, is to take AMAZING photographs. If your pictures don't look like they came from a magazine, then no one is going to be interested. The photos have to make your mouth water, and spark your imagination.

Go on Pinterest and look at some of the staged photos. You'll see what I mean. It's an art form.

Aside from that, tell a funny story or a family history about the food. People like a little personal context. It makes them feel like you're standing in their kitchen, talking to them.

Things will go really slow at first, but don't be discouraged. Keep networking and linking back to other bloggers. Eventually, like a snowball rolling down hill, you will pick up momentum and get a good following.

Once you get a decent following, reach out to kitchen suppliers and ask if you can do a review of their products. They will send you free stuff! Very Happy

You can offer ads on your sidebar for your favorite products, and you'll get a percentage of the sales from anyone who clicks through your site and buys something.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 11:40 am
My husband was one. He is also a photographer, so yeah it helps. But you have to post regularly enough until you get notorious. That takes commitment.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 12:36 pm
Thank you for your replies! I will try to see how to make those pictures. Any food bloggers on imamother? I'm really curious how you got started?

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 8:54 pm
Set up a blog and/or instagram account and choose a catchy name.
Now follow lots of other food bloggers and engage wwith them, see their work, note things you want to achieve, things you like or don't like.
Now start taking pictures of your food. You don't need fancy props or a fancy camera or expensive ingredients. What you do need is a good phone camera and practice laying out your food to look good. Learn to use the items you have in your house to amp up a picture.

It takes time, practice and lots of patience.

agreer

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 10:57 pm
Search Pinchofyum.com she has great advice to wannabe bloggers.

LeahRivka

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 8:06 am
All really great replies, I would only add you have to use cross social media posts. Instagram is good because it is really photo driven. Also Pinterest because people use it and it comes up in searches consistently for food recipes.

daagahminayin

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 8:13 am
I get pretty much all of my recipes from the internet and so truly appreciate the food blogging industry. My least favorite thing is that you have to scroll down reams and teams of writing and pictures before you get to the recipes. I’m just not that interested in the story behind the food but really appreciate the recipes if they are good. I would love a blog that put the recipes first and all the writing and step by step pictures after.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen