Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Cost of children's glasses; lakewood

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 8:15 am
What is the total price of frame+lenses if insurance doesn't cover? Store I use comes out to 200. Is there anything cheaper?
Thanks!

Chayalle

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 9:50 am
I've gotten glasses for less than that at Dr. Borkowski.

esther36

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 10:18 am
Or try optical eyeland in evergreen plaza. They're a pleasure to deal with and very reasonable

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 10:42 am
Chayalle wrote:
I've gotten glasses for less than that at Dr. Borkowski.

I usually get my children's glasses at Dr. Borkowski's as well. But I just found out that there are some kinds of coatings, perhaps they are glare free coatings, that are standard in other practices, but are optional by Dr. Borkowski. I have always opted to leave the optional stuff out, but it seems that this is coming back to bite me, as my older son is now complaining of glare, while the child who got his glasses at a different place does not have this issue.

Bluesky 1

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 12:18 pm
Totally worth the extra for glare, scratch free, the glasses last longer that way. Not so expensive. Yes glasses are expensive but necessary

Bluesky 1

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 12:18 pm
esther36 wrote:
Or try optical eyeland in evergreen plaza. They're a pleasure to deal with and very reasonable

Is that minzers?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 1:01 pm
Minzers son in law has a store by chateau next to J2. I think his name is berkowitz

amother
Copper

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 8:07 am
How much would a child’s pair cost (around) at optical eye land?
Don’t live near there , not sure if it’s worth the drive.
We were also quoted $200 for a child’s pair so looking for something much cheaper

gibberish

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 8:09 am
Does anyone here buy glasses online? So much cheaper!

amother
Copper

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 8:11 am
gibberish wrote:
Does anyone here buy glasses online? So much cheaper!

But online they can’t measure and adjust for you

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 8:24 am
I don't live in Lakewood. I have purchased glasses for $89-$99 plus lenses. Some kids have cheap lenses, one DC has lenses that costs over $100 (depending where I buy it).

We purchased an insurance plan because we are to many people with glasses/lenses.

Notsobusy

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 8:25 am
amother wrote:
But online they can’t measure and adjust for you

You can get glasses for so cheap online, that I buy 2 or 3 pairs for each kid. Even if one or two don't fit well, I still did better than buying locally. You can also adjust them pretty easily yourself, I just google the instructions for the type of glasses I got.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 8:33 am
Notsobusy wrote:
You can get glasses for so cheap online, that I buy 2 or 3 pairs for each kid. Even if one or two don't fit well, I still did better than buying locally. You can also adjust them pretty easily yourself, I just google the instructions for the type of glasses I got.

Which website?

Notsobusy

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 9:20 am
The three I use are Zenni, Eyebuydirect and Firmoo. They tell you the dimensions of each frame, but it's not always accurate. It works best if your kid already has a pair of glasses that you can measure so you get similar sizes. You also have to check your child's pd - but at least one of those websites has a ruler you can print with clear instructions how to do it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics