Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheitel For My Giant Skull

lavenderchimes

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 8:12 pm
Does anyone know if there is any store or sheitelmacher who sells cheap synthetic wigs with LARGE caps? I know the normal cap is expandable, but it only fits up to 22" and my head is 24". No normal caps fit. I found aome online, but am not comfortable buying without trying on to see what I'm getting. Looking around/between Philadelphia and NYC. TIA!

Post Sun, Jan 28 2018, 9:07 pm
Try paula young. Her products are returnable.

painting trees

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 1:38 pm
lavenderchimes wrote:
Does anyone know if there is any store or sheitelmacher who sells cheap synthetic wigs with LARGE caps? I know the normal cap is expandable, but it only fits up to 22" and my head is 24". No normal caps fit. I found aome online, but am not comfortable buying without trying on to see what I'm getting. Looking around/between Philadelphia and NYC. TIA!

Greetings lavenderchimes,
I am also a 24" and I've been looking for a long time but I'm in Canada.
That said, I would consider driving all the way to NYC is there was a sheitelmacher I could be certain would have something for me.

May you enjoy success and happiness.

lavenderchimes

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 5:16 pm
Thanks, Squishy! I looked at Paula Young, but so many of the large sizes are very short and curly, and I can't find anything that might possibly look good on me.

painting trees, I hear you. I would drive to Canada for the same reason:) I have been making do with regular sized wigs, and working up the courage to do modifications. I'll let you know if I find anything, but you can see that I haven't had much response:/

painting trees

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 5:26 pm
lavenderchimes wrote:
Thanks, Squishy! I looked at Paula Young, but so many of the large sizes are very short and curly, and I can't find anything that might possibly look good on me.

painting trees, I hear you. I would drive to Canada for the same reason:) I have been making do with regular sized wigs, and working up the courage to do modifications. I'll let you know if I find anything, but you can see that I haven't had much response:/

Thank you lavenderchimes, and ditto. If I find something I'll pass it on.

lavenderchimes

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 7:35 pm
painting trees, I just bought a $40.00 synthetic on a whim, and was SHOCKED that it fits better than any I've found, yet. I'm not sure how it will wear over a whole day, but I felt like I didn't have to wrestle to get it on, and an hour later, it's still staying put. It's a "Fashion Source" -- http://store.goldenmartbeautys......html

I also found that there is a wig consignment place here in NYC, in Woodmere. I emailed her, and she has some large cap sizes. I haven't been, yet. The hard thing is that you can look at pictures online, but not at info of the pictures:/ I e mailed her, and she said she might have some things, but she didn't give specifics. She doesn't have anything under $400, though, and I am still trigger shy to spend so much. But if you are ever in the area, let me know and we can be giant skull buddies and go together:) Red Carpet Wigs -- https://www.instagram.com/redc.....hl=en

I'm sure you know that Jon Renau has large cap wigs -- I haven't been thrilled with the feel of the hair, though. All my $40 wigs feel nicer ... weird.

losingweight

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 7:40 pm
Lots of people in williamsburg wear synthetic wigs. I'm sure the shaitel marchers there have a selection. Sorry I have no recommendation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels