Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Neighbors - Spinoff

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 3:31 pm
This whole conversation about the noisy neighbors is reminding me of an issue we're having - "light pollution".

Our neighbors installed a large floodlight for security purposes. It shines a lot of light into all the bedrooms in my house.

First I asked if they would consider a more targeted spotlight, that would only illuminate THEIR windows. No. Or a motion triggered light. No.

I spent a lot of money on room darkening shades, not even for all the rooms. (I have a lot of trouble from insomnia and I need total darkness in my room. Most of my kids also prefer darkness. At one point we covered some of the windows with foil. But of course during the day you do want some light. So now I have a top-down shade in my room, plus room darkening curtains over it. But I still need a cornice for the corners where light seeps in.)

I tried sending in this question to the Business Halacha column but so far they have not agreed to discuss it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette