Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Are there female malachim (angels)?

amother
Oak

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 7:05 am
My friend's daughter asked if there are female malachim (angels) and it got me thinking. All the angels whose names we know are male. But do the malachim even have a gender? Anyone know anything about this?

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 7:23 am
I don't believe that angels specifically have a gender, however, when they cloak themselves in human flesh, they can take on a gender. And yes, it can be female.

I believe it was Rabbi Meir Baal HaNes who the following snippet happened to, but not sure. I'd have to go look it up and don't have time now.

The Romans were trying to capture the Rabbi and one time they found him, but right at that moment a harlot wrapped the Rabbi in a big hug and kissed him as if he were her long time client. The guards knew then that this could not be the Rabbi as he were such a holy person that he would not consort with a wh***. It is said that this was really a malach who took upon itself the body of a female to save the rabbi at that moment.

SuperWify

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 9:27 am
amother wrote:
I don't believe that angels specifically have a gender, however, when they cloak themselves in human flesh, they can take on a gender. And yes, it can be female.

I believe it was Rabbi Meir Baal HaNes who the following snippet happened to, but not sure. I'd have to go look it up and don't have time now.

The Romans were trying to capture the Rabbi and one time they found him, but right at that moment a harlot wrapped the Rabbi in a big hug and kissed him as if he were her long time client. The guards knew then that this could not be the Rabbi as he were such a holy person that he would not consort with a wh***. It is said that this was really a malach who took upon itself the body of a female to save the rabbi at that moment.

What a great example Amother!

It was Rabbi Meir. He was in the “zonah district” trying to save his sister in law from a Roman house of harlots.

daagahminayin

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 9:30 am
I remember a girl in seminary once asked the rabbi why are melachim always male and another girl piped up: “because they can only do one job at a time...”

simba

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 9:55 am
daagahminayin wrote:
I remember a girl in seminary once asked the rabbi why are melachim always male and another girl piped up: “because they can only do one job at a time...”

Lol

amother
Amber

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 10:13 am
Yes. seras bas usher

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 10:30 am
daagahminayin wrote:

Oh, oy. So young and already expecting bad.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 1:05 pm
daagahminayin wrote:

so funny! must've heard it from someone...but so true!!!

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 1:42 pm
daagahminayin wrote:

Excellent answer, actually I think it’s very positive answere because it boosts us woman even more higher because we are naturally multitasker.

zaq

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 3:13 pm
daagahminayin wrote:

LOVE IT!!!!

zaq

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 3:28 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Oh, oy. So young and already expecting bad.
why bad? It’s fairly well documented that women are better at juggling multiple tasks than men are. OTOH men are supposedly better at focusing singlemindedly on one objective, which sounds so much better than “able to do only one thing at a time”. And what’s wrong with doing only one thing at a time provided one does it well?

MyUsername

Post Sat, May 05 2018, 12:41 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. seras bas usher

She wasn't an angel though. In fact, she never actually died, she was one of the few (7?) people who went into Gan Eden alive.

amother
Amber

Post Sat, May 05 2018, 2:35 pm
MyUsername wrote:
She wasn't an angel though. In fact, she never actually died, she was one of the few (7?) people who went into Gan Eden alive.
I learned that she is an angel. Just like eliyahu hanavi. I dont remember exactly but I think she is a malach that visits the sick.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics