Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Imamother of ours: Help our son who had a mental breakdown

Yael

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 8:56 am
From an Imamother member:

I'd like to reach out to my imamother friends with a chesed plea that was verified as true by the chesed fund website. Documents from the hospital and bills and a Rov's letter were shown to verify. Our son, an excellent yeshiva student, unfortunately, had a mental breakdown and had to be admitted to the psychiatric ward.

They put him on many medications, but they didn't help. And the medications that helped had to be discontinued because of terrible side effects. Baruch Hashem, he is now back from the hospital. He started with a special psychiatrist who is working with him to find the right medicine that will help him improve a lot without the horrible side effects he had during the other trials.

My husband and I are both working, but we are having trouble making ends meet because of all the medical bills. We need help with the expenses. Our son will need an aide, a psychiatrist, and a psychologist to get his life back in order. Hospital bills are pouring in. One of his medicines is $1800, but it's right now just waiting at the pharmacy because we cannot afford it. With your generous support and with Hashem's help, he will recover, get a job and become a more mature and happy man . Please help us! Don't let the lack of money delay his treatment and future.

You may donate with your name or anonymously. Tzku Lemitzvos

https://thechesedfund.com/caus.....ccess

Sponsored Post

imasinger

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 12:10 pm
Donation sent, refuah shleima.

macadamia

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 4:40 pm
Donated! Refuah Shleima

tiredmommy

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 5:56 pm
I also donated in the zechus that someone I am close to should also have a refuah shlaima from mental health challenges.
May all cholei yisroel have a refuah shlaima bekarov!

ROFL

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 6:01 pm
My heart goes to you. There are several routes you can take for the price of medication. A lot of companies have a copay assist program Call them they will help you with paying for the medication. Also can’t you apply for Medicaid or social security to get financial help for your son.
May you have a yeshua for your son and for all klal Yisrael

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 4:55 am
Hug

Bluesky 1

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 12:01 pm
I'm also wondering why she has no insurance. It's impossible to pay those prices. Op I really hope you make an insurance policy. This doesn't work otherwise.

Refuah sheleima! Hugs to you((((((())))).

macadamia

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 1:17 pm
I happen to have insurance too and they don't cover the medicine I need for a medical problem and not even a combination of 2 instead of the first one. I pay a lot out of pocket. Some corporations ARE PIGS. They rather you deteriorate than have the proper med. You think every worker has at least EPO, but no, corporations can buy whats called "third party administrated" and they are terrible. That's why RCCS was created for CA for example. Regarding doctors you see OP had no success with rugular psychiatrists. Looks like her son had something more complex.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 3:40 pm
I've heard that in the world of psychiatry, many times you get what you pay for. I have a relative whose child has ADD/ADHD and for whatever reason hasn't done well on the standard meds...the psychiatrist he was seeing who takes their insurance just wasn't helping him, and he as being sent home from school more times than not because he was out of control and couldn't be managed in the classroom. They switched to a different psychiatrist and he is doing better, but the costs are huge, as he doesn't take insurance, is not on any plans...so they are paying out-of-pocket.

May this young man have a Refuah Shelaima.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics