Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Buying vodka

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 2:47 pm
Does it need a hechsher? Can I buy it in any wine store?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 2:50 pm
I think it depends on where you live. I know the London Beis Din has a "Little Blue Book" that tells you the heksherim on all types of alcohol.

I do believe that several brands have an OU on them. AYLOR

Depending on the country/state you live in, you may find them in a wine shop, or you may have to go to a licensed liquor store.

L'Chaim!

amother
Lime

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 3:34 pm
Vodka needs to be kosher, but most don't have a hechsher printed on the bottle.

Use the CRC app or use their Liquor List - http://www.crcweb.org/LiquorList.pdf to see which are recommended.

You can buy them in any wine store, just make sure they are kosher, and if the store is Jewish-owned make sure they sold their chometz!

egam

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 3:39 pm
amother wrote:
Vodka needs to be kosher, but most don't have a hechsher printed on the bottle.

Use the CRC app or use their Liquor List - http://www.crcweb.org/LiquorList.pdf to see which are recommended.

You can buy them in any wine store, just make sure they are kosher, and if the store is Jewish-owned make sure they sold their chometz!

Actually, it’s not true for unflavored vodka. Below is a quote from the CRC list.

Vodka
Unflavored vodka is acceptable unless the label states that it is produced from grapes, wine, milk, lactose, or whey. Special attention should be paid to (a) vodka from France, New Zealand, and Australia, and (b) vodka which contains added flavor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen