Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Food additives and hyperactivity

chavamom

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 1:13 am
Not from an "alternative" source, but the respectable, mainstream Lancet: Study Shows Food Additives Raise Hyperactivity

Quote:
Common food additives and colorings can increase hyperactive behavior in a broad range of children, a study being released today found.

It was the first time researchers conclusively and scientifically confirmed a link that had long been suspected by many parents. Numerous support groups for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder have for years recommended removing such ingredients from diets, although experts have continued to debate the evidence.

But the new, carefully controlled study shows that some artificial additives increase hyperactivity and decrease attention span in a wide range of children, not just those for whom overactivity has been diagnosed as a learning problem.

gryp

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 6:39 am
How do I get my son's school to stop feeding him junk? Confused

Bsimcha

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 8:11 am
I talk to the teacher and send in nosh to give him when anything forbidden is given out. I speak to my kids about this all the time, even my toddler will ask if something has coloring.

gryp

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 11:55 am
I don't think that would go over well. Confused

Health is a Virture

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 12:02 pm
one of my children literally has withdrawal symptoms (in like, drug withrdawal) from certain additives as the hyperactiveness comes to a close..not exactly sure which colors as he is also sensitive to sugar but dosn't have these withdrawal symptoms to sugar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics