Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Fettuccini in advance?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 6:07 pm
Is there any dairy fettuccini recipe I could freeze in advance that I could serve with salmon? Or does it need to all be done fresh?

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 6:09 pm
Use a recipe that's a simple heavy cream/cream cheese (no flour or egg yolks). Refrigerate and heat up in a pot on YT before tossing with warm fettuccine pasta.

DVOM

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 6:10 pm
I wouldn't make the pasta in advance, but I have made the sauce in advance and frozen it. It just needed a little bit of cream/whole milk to thin it when I defrosted it and warmed it up. Then at the meal itself, all you need to do is boil up a pot of pasta.

amother
White

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 6:47 pm
how to u boil pasta on yomtov? isn't draining it a problem of borer? how do u drain? leave in some of the liquid?

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 6:52 pm
amother wrote:
how to u boil pasta on yomtov? isn't draining it a problem of borer? how do u drain? leave in some of the liquid?

Draining is part of cooking which is allowed.
But in any case, I cook al dente before YT. Rinse, drain fully. Toss with a drop of oil. Seal in ziploc bag and refrigerate.
Then put into a colander within the sink on YT. And pour a full pot of boiling water over it, as it drains into sink, to refresh and heat through.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 6:56 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Draining is part of cooking which is allowed.
But in any case, I cook al dente before YT. Rinse, drain fully. Toss with a drop of oil. Seal in ziploc bag and refrigerate.
Then put into a colander within the sink on YT. And pour a full pot of boiling water over it, as it drains into sink, to refresh and heat through.

Such a good idea !!!! Thanks!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics