Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Which Monsey cheder just closed?

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 12:47 pm
My sons came home with the news that some other cheder just closed down, so they'll be getting a bunch of new boys in their class, it sounds like immediately, not next school year. I'm just wondering which school this is.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 12:50 pm
Nikolsburg. They sent home a note with the kids last night that today is the last day. My coworker doesn't have a school for her son.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 1:28 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Nikolsburg. They sent home a note with the kids last night that today is the last day. My coworker doesn't have a school for her son.

What happened?!

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 1:33 pm
amother wrote:
My sons came home with the news that some other cheder just closed down, so they'll be getting a bunch of new boys in their class, it sounds like immediately, not next school year. I'm just wondering which school this is.

So they merged with another mosed?

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 2:21 pm
Vus nuch iz neyes with nikolsburg...? Rolling Eyes

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 2:30 pm
A few months ago the Nikolsburger Rebbe decided he doesn't want to have any thing to do with the cheder as money was an issue. So he said as far as he is concerned the cheder is in the parents hands if they want to keep it open. A few parents worked hard and raised $150k to keep it going and they changed the name to Kerestir or something like that. The parents knew that next year there wouldn't be a school anymore and many already got into schools for the next year. However the sudden close happened as of last night and left many parents stuck and kids without a place to go. It's been running without any leadership for a fee months.
The schools that already accepted kids for the coming yr are willing to accommodate those students and they will be starting next week before the year end. All other kids don't have a place.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 2:32 pm
They say kerestir closed, didn't know it used to be niklesburg.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 2:33 pm
amother wrote:
They say kerestir closed, didn't know it used to be niklesburg.
it became Kerestir around Purim time . It is the Nikolsburg cheder with a new name after the rebbe said he no longer cares what happens to the cheder and doesn't want to be affiliated with it.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 3:21 pm
Isn't be'er yeshaya kerestir the former ateres tzvi? They had pictures in the connections celebrating his yartzeit.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 4:01 pm
There's no former Ateres Tzvi.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 4:23 pm
amother wrote:
Isn't be'er yeshaya kerestir the former ateres tzvi? They had pictures in the connections celebrating his yartzeit.

Ateres Tzvi named themselves Beer Yeshaya Kerestir and Nikolsburg just Kerestir. The whole situation is pathetic.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 4:44 pm
Sounds like a real standup guy
Really devoted to his chasidim

amother
Black

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 5:56 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Sounds like a real standup guy
Really devoted to his chasidim

The people sending there were not his Chassidim at this point.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 6:30 pm
amother wrote:
The people sending there were not his Chassidim at this point.

Whoever I know that sends there are people that have zero affiliation with Nikolsburg

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 8:46 am
FYI : kerestir cheder is open. The parents got together and decided to help out so the cheder could stay open. Once you have a nice size parent body, a mossad could sustain stormy winds.

wifenmother

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 11:39 am
amother wrote:
FYI : kerestir cheder is open. The parents got together and decided to help out so the cheder could stay open. Once you have a nice size parent body, a mossad could sustain stormy winds.

Where are you taking this from? I know of one boy that joined the cheder my son is in as of the beginning of last week and a few other families that have sent their boys to other chadurim.

Again, this Kerestir (formerly Nikolsburg) cheder not to be confused with Be'er Yeshaya (formerly Ateres Tzvi).

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 12:11 am
Yes that is right, some kids went to other mosdos, but the majority stayed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics