Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Do you know some segulos for parnassa tova?
Previous  1  2

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 29 2007, 9:08 am
saying the brocha of "hamotzie" המוציא out loud ... so people can answer amen ... and saying amen אמן to same ...

BinahYeteirah

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 11:16 pm
I heard that cleanliness is a segula for parnassa. I think my husband told me that, but I have no idea where he read it.

Does anyone have any tips for never throwing out edible bread? My husband used to be very intense about this. We would save all our bits and pieces of bread that no one wanted to eat all year and burn them before Pesach. After being married a couple years, I guess he decided it was too much and we stopped. What do you do with those pieces of challah that your kids take a bite out of then leave on their plates? No one wants them, because they've been tasted and they've soaked up juices from the plate, but I guess they are technically still edible.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 12:17 am
Last year, our neighbors invited us to have a proper seudah motzei Yom Kippur (like shabbos: salads, soup, chicken, etc...can't remember if there was fish). She told me it's a segulah for parnossah tova. BH We've had a clearly bentsched year. I even miraculously found a job....while I was pg.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 2:07 am
BinahYeteirah wrote:

Does anyone have any tips for never throwing out edible bread? My husband used to be very intense about this. We would save all our bits and pieces of bread that no one wanted to eat all year and burn them before Pesach. After being married a couple years, I guess he decided it was too much and we stopped. What do you do with those pieces of challah that your kids take a bite out of then leave on their plates? No one wants them, because they've been tasted and they've soaked up juices from the plate, but I guess they are technically still edible.

First, I try not to cheat and if the bread is still edible to use it, even if it's stale (you can make toast, French toast, croutons). If it's bread like you said then I keep it in a box on the counter and every few days throw out what's mouldy.

You don't have to wait till erev Pesach. From Purim on you can throw it out with no problems, since it's biur chometz.

BinahYeteirah

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 2:29 am
Do you use a box like a plastic Tupperwear type container? That's a good idea. I bake my own challah and usually store it in plastic bags. I find that it gets totally dried out (not just stale, I'm talking hard as a rock), but doesn't get moldy. I wonder if that is considered "edible" or not. The bakery type we buy does get moldy, so obviously when that happens I could throw it away. I have been trying to remember to make breadcrumbs from my slightly dried out bread and put them in the freezer in case I have a recipe that calls for them, but I never seem to get to it before it's really hard.

tm

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 2:40 am
shalhevet, what is the source for not hanging food on a stroller? every time I go shopping and take a few things home I always hang it on the stroller (how else am I going to shlep it?). I live in israel and don't have a car.

I've heard benching with kavana is a segula for parnassa.
also on rosh hashana, eating tzimmes (It's shaped like coins).
this is a strange one- I think a rav once said it but may have been half joking. in any case it can't hurt. You take a piece of lettuce, half a raisin and a piece of celery and say "lettuce have a raise in salary" and eat it.

anyway, hatzlacha to everyone.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 2:51 am
I just use an open box, the kind fruit comes in (I want it to go off). Very hard bread is inedible, so then I throw it away. I think dh told me that's okay, but maybe you should ask your own rav.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 2:56 am
tm wrote:
shalhevet, what is the source for not hanging food on a stroller? every time I go shopping and take a few things home I always hang it on the stroller (how else am I going to shlep it?). I live in israel and don't have a car.

Sorry, don't have a source. I think I heard it from Rav Mutzafi and then dh checked it out.

I also have the same thing with the stroller. So if I buy bread I hold the bag in my hand (other foods are not so problematical).

It's also a problem about hanging up the children's bags in gan with their sandwiches in. We asked about that and were told it's okay - can't remember why; probably someone found a heter because otherwise the gananot would go on strike. Confused

Health is a Virture

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 3:24 am
BinahYeteirah wrote:

Does anyone have any tips for never throwing out edible bread? My husband used to be very intense about this.

feed them to the birds (or other animals)

Health is a Virture

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 3:31 am
1. On rosh hashanah night, eat half a raisin and a piece of celery (have a raise in "salary"). Heard this idea was attributed to R' Heinemann of Baltimore. Segulos on rosh hashanah are no joke...it doesn't matter what language.

2. Give more tzedakah....I know this sounds crazy. But, we have found that the more tzedakah we give, miraculously the more money we have. If you have any amount of savings, you should put a portion of it in a loan g'mach.....they say this is the best investment.

3. Remember, the amount of money you will make is written down on Rosh hashanah (minus tzedakah), and it is all from hashem, so daven, daven, daven. And have b'tachon in Hashem that He knows what he is doing.

4. One other thing to keep in mind is not that this will make it any easier for you, but they say that one should be happy with financial yissurim because those are the easiest...much better than shalom bayis (though sometimes it can lead to that unfortunately rachman latzlan) and health issues, etc. KEEP AN OPTIMISTIC OUTLOOK! Listen to R' Pincus's tapes on b'tachon...they have truly been very inspirational for many, especially in this type of predicament.

mommyX2

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 5:39 pm
DAVEN

Motek

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 3:49 pm
Quote:
Hishtadlus...

Run to say Parshas HaKetores from a parchment..
Say Poseiach Es Yodecha with the 3 diferent interpretations..
Run to the pushkeh to put in 3 coins during Vayevorach Dovid..
Have in mind the special name of Hashem that controls parnassah during Boruch Oleinu
Say Parshas Haman..
And don’t forget to say it twice with the Targum on the Tueday of Parshas B’Shalach..
Bidding wars for P’sicha for Neila on Yom Kippur..
Grabbing Matzah from a Rebbe on Pesach..
Say V’Yiten L’cha..after Havdala..
Dripping wine into your pockets after Havdalah..
Throwing some over your doorstep..
Shouting L’David Mizmor at the top of your lungs Rosh Hashana night..
Then using a new knife for the Challah..
Dashing across the room every time a crumb falls on the floor..

..let me tell ya..
It aint easy makin a livin these days.

shalhevet

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 3:57 pm
Motek wrote:
Quote:
Hishtadlus...

Run to say Parshas HaKetores from a parchment..
Say Poseiach Es Yodecha with the 3 diferent interpretations..
Run to the pushkeh to put in 3 coins during Vayevorach Dovid..
Have in mind the special name of Hashem that controls parnassah during Boruch Oleinu
Say Parshas Haman..
And don’t forget to say it twice with the Targum on the Tueday of Parshas B’Shalach..
Bidding wars for P’sicha for Neila on Yom Kippur..
Grabbing Matzah from a Rebbe on Pesach..
Say V’Yiten L’cha..after Havdala..
Dripping wine into your pockets after Havdalah..
Throwing some over your doorstep..
Shouting L’David Mizmor at the top of your lungs Rosh Hashana night..
Then using a new knife for the Challah..
Dashing across the room every time a crumb falls on the floor..

..let me tell ya..
It aint easy makin a livin these days.

LOL
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur