Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Car service to Drs appontment from medicaid
Previous  1  2

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 5:18 pm
amother wrote:
That's not really true; you need to have a medical need. My husband got transportation when I said he's going to a physical therapy appointment, but when I was pregnant and was going for a non-local appointment somewhere, they said that I need to have my doctor contact them to specify why I need transportation. I believe that once someone is approved for transportation, they don't need to get re-approved each time they have an appointment.

Yes a medical need but the premise is the same. I'm actually a hospital social worker and have set this up for tons of my patients (most needing higher level of transport than livery, like ambulette for wheelchair bound) If I see a patient who has a history of non compliance with the primary or specialty care the easiest and often most effective way to ensure they come to the appointments is to talk to them about why they aren't going: and often it's not having a way to get there. It's approved on short term, long term or permanent basis depending on the request and the diagnosis. It's definitely cheaper for Medicaid to pay for livery cabs for their patients than it is for preventable admissions

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 5:20 pm
gande wrote:
As far as I am concerned, the car service is for people on straight Medicaid. Medicaid as a primary insurance is only for the disabled and elderly so it does make sense that they need help getting to their appointment.

Not true. Transportation is a carve out benefit that always falls under straight Medicaid even if the insurance is managed Medicaid. And Medicaid is NOT the primary insurance for the elderly and the disabled: Medicare is.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 5:49 pm
B'H my child has medicaid. otherwise it would cost me who knows how much to get to Manhattan appointments/hospital weekly. I cannot take the train with a child that is technologically dependent. nor can we shlep with city buses. and I can't drive child either being that I need to take care of childs medical needs en route.
we started off with ambulance moved on to ambulette and now b'H travel by car service (it is the most reliable & they actually come on time)

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 6:20 pm
And so the list of entitlements goes on, all on taxpayers dime. This is just one of many Madicaid freebies folks with private medical insurance wouldn’t dream of. All these freebies are expected and taken for granted. Do hiemisha car service provide only heimisha drivers? LOL

amother
Brown

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 6:24 pm
amother wrote:
And so the list of entitlements goes on, all on taxpayers dime. This is just one of many Madicaid freebies folks with private medical insurance wouldn’t dream of. All these freebies are expected and taken for granted. Do hiemisha car service provide only heimisha drivers? LOL

Yup. Everyone on Medicaid takes all of the benefits it provides for granted.

Did you want OP to start her thread with a long winded thank-you note to the government?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 6:52 pm
I currently have Medicaid as a disabled person, and if I could have my private insurance back I'd take it back in a heartbeat. I had access to amazing physical/neuromuscular therapy that is not available via Medicaid. Without this therapy I'm in bed most of the time. Medicaid isn't all you think it is. Free car service is a consolation prize. The fact that it's being offered for free ought to give you a clue about the reasons.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 8:12 pm
I have Medicaid, and I've never heard of this, nor would I use it - except when I had that debilitating bed-bound back problem. I really wish I had known about it, then, as dragging around the subway with my two canes was absolute torture. But I kind of get it, since what would be a 20 minutes car ride is an hour by bus. I did get a free Metrocard in the amount of two fares from certain clinics when I lived more than a mile away. It was really helpful when I was unable to work. btw, amother lavender -- I had great physical therapy and a Chiropractor and Physiatrist, and acupuncture on Medicaid. I just had to go through some other Dr's to get the referrals. Are you sure there isn't a way for you to get? I'm sure you tried everything, but this sounds strange to me.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 8:30 pm
amother wrote:
amother lavender -- I had great physical therapy and a Chiropractor and Physiatrist, and acupuncture on Medicaid. I just had to go through some other Dr's to get the referrals. Are you sure there isn't a way for you to get? I'm sure you tried everything, but this sounds strange to me.

Have you tried getting neuromuscular therapy?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 11:42 am
Bumping this up. Any other company besides go car for medical transportation ?

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 2:58 pm
Where do you live?
We’ve been discharged from the hospital with Brooklyn car

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 3:10 pm
flatbush

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 3:26 pm
In nyc you may get a bus/ subway pass but only those with approved disability receive door to door transportation. I had to jump through hoops to get me autistic DC approved.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 3:36 pm
amother Canary wrote:
In nyc you may get a bus/ subway pass but only those with approved disability receive door to door transportation. I had to jump through hoops to get me autistic DC approved.
I am already approved

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 4:07 pm
I had great experience with cityline car service, not jewish
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics